Cesc Fàbregas

BarcaGirl

People can hate on me as much as they want, but brining him back was the worst decision ever. He was never needed.

Stric

Oh please cut the crap already. After a brilliant half of a season, (spent the better part of it being our top assister), he plays two mediocre games and all of a sudden he should be sold?

B

Besiktas

If we had bought Sergio Aguero instead of Alexis and Mesut Ozil instead of Fabregas that summer and if we had played Villa this season instead of Alexis and Tello as a first choice we would not lost La Liga and CL last season and not lost to Milan 2-0.

B

Besiktas

Oh please cut the crap already. After a brilliant half of a season, (spent the better part of it being our top assister), he plays two mediocre games and all of a sudden he should be sold?

You can win against Getafe, Granada in La Liga. In CL teams know how to defend against us. We could not win a CL match easily this season except Spartak Moskov away. It is not a coincidence any more. We should buy proper partners for Messi. (no Pedro, no Alexis) I miss Eto'o and henry. We do not need an extra midfielder in this type of matches. The aim of this game is goal. Passing and posession is the way. Nowadays this way is not going to the aim. We should fix this issue.

F

Flavia

Not his fault. The problem is playing all 3 together. Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta should be rotated, not played all at once.

Cule4life

The Culest
People can hate on me as much as they want, but brining him back was the worst decision ever. He was never needed.

X infinity
The mngt favoritism to force him into the lineup no matter whether he suits the system or not at the expense of marginalizing potent threats like Villa Tello etc. has cost us too much. But sadly i have no hope that mngt's Cesc love will go away
All three Cesc Iniesta Xavi should never ever be played all at once. With them you can collect "record points" against mediocre teams like Getafe etc. but come a strong team like Valencia, Madrid etc. our team always struggles

Last edited:

SeloBarca

Not his fault. The problem is playing all 3 together. Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta should be rotated, not played all at once.

Exactly, im not saying hes very bad, he just takes a space we dont need to him to take, and it hurts our game.

Iniesta even tried going further into the mid when he noticed our play didnt work, but Cesc didnt go out on the LW. Instead we got even more clogged in the middle.

hellsangel1

He was poor but then so were others. Only an idiot would put this result all on him but I've said it in the past as well, Cesc is not as good when you deny him time and space. You don't get that luxury against better teams like Madrid etc. He also loses possession and gets hassled off the ball a lot easier than our other players when you apply pressure on him.

The biggest problem I have is that he usually occupies a position where I would rather see Iniesta play. Iniesta along with Messi are two of the best players in the world in the final third and I don't think that they should be so far apart from each other.

hellsangel1

This thread is a gold mine for any one making a PhD thesis on human temperamental behaviors.

It's something you will find in most fan forums any way. There will be bandwagoners everywhere. Just look at the Mascherano thread and how that has changed, if you had questioned Masch's abiility as a CB in the beginning of the season or last year, you would have gotten crucified. However, some people(like me) were always not as high on certain players as others were here.

Cule4life

The Culest
This thread is a gold mine for any one making a PhD thesis on human temperamental behaviors.

Temperamental? I for one have been saying all season that Cesc is not effective vs strong teams and Iniesta should be in midfield. And its not an opinion after just one match. Valencia, Madrid etc Cesc has struggled vs every good team. Racking up points vs mediocre teams in the league just papered over the cracks

A

Adam11

Does Arsenal have a refund fee? Seriously he only came back because everyone was riding on the #BringCanteraplayershome type of hype.

We would take him back, but you would get no where near the 35m you paid us for him.

Home of Barca Fans