Cesc Fàbregas

CatalinR10

a40p3.jpg

slvtn

If Puyols' hair would live further on Cesc's body, he would be able to play for ten more years and we would create something like the best player since Beckenbauer. Although that whole Frankenstein procedure sounds more like an idea of Mourinho... :D

hellsangel1

Don't really know how someone could rate his perfomance as crap as he was most likely brilliant and absolutely one of our top 3 players.

I have no idea what these guys are watching. Cesc was dissapointing this whole match, he gave away too many balls with his imprecise and sloppy passing. Alexis was terrible, Thiago was below-par mostly although he wasn't as lightweight or error-prone as Cesc. The team sorely missed the prescence of Iniesta especially in the first half. Barca showed once again that Puyol would be badly needed in the important games because we can't seem to keep any clean sheets at all this season and you can get away giving soft goals against lowly opposition in La Liga, but against elite and better opposition in the CL we will have to do much better.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I didn't watch the game but looking at his passes he gave away the ball a lot. Still both midfielders seemingly had good games, especially Thiago.

SeloBarca

He did give the ball away alot, was quite invisible though the game, didnt take his position making Thiago the only playmaker which hurt our play as every time he plays there.
And once again he forced Messi down becouse he couldnt stay further up and get passes from Iniesta and Xavi like he usually do, luckily Messi is Messi.
Thiago is superb when he plays with either Iniesta OR Xavi, when hes the main playmaker he gets a bit lost. Thiago was def better then Fabregas.

I always feel Fabregas is like Zlatan, hes a good player, but he breaks our playstyle and either block players our push them out of position.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He's in the team because he offers something different. How hard is it to figure that out? In terms of technique, he's not close to Busi, Xavi, Iniesta or Thiago and people here need to stop moaning about it. Yes, he will keep breaking up play because he's not as good as our other mids. Flamini even said Fabregas 'sometimes forgets to defend'. But his assisting ability is second only to Messi. That, and his directness are a huge asset to our team. I would like to point out that none of our midfielders would have taken that shot from which Messi scored the first.

However, I would like to see Iniesta back in midfield and VILLA on the LW spot permanently but since that's not happening, Cesc in midfield is the next best alternative despite his obvious flaws.

slvtn

I didn't watch the game but looking at his passes he gave away the ball a lot. Still both midfielders seemingly had good games, especially Thiago.

You both must have watched a different game then. Of course he gave away some passes, but rating Thiago higher is something that I can't agree with, again.
Cesc brought us back in the game when he tried to score outside of the box. And he's one of the best scorers in the team, that's two reason for me to rate him higher than Thiago.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
You both must have watched a different game then. Of course he gave away some passes, but rating Thiago higher is something that I can't agree with, again.
Cesc brought us back in the game when he tried to score outside of the box. And he's one of the best scorers in the team, that's two reason for me to rate him higher than Thiago.

As I said I didn't watch the game, just noticed that he lost the ball alot from looking at passing charts :p

Also Thiago won the ball 9 times whereas Cesc only did it once.

And what does Cesc being "one of the best scorers in the team" have to do with it? Absolutely nothing.

B

Besiktas

Sell him this summer back to Arsenal. Xavi-İniesta-Thiago is enough. Promote Sergi Roberto. Please do not say we need Cesc because Xavi will retire soon. Yes we need a replacement for Xavi but this guy is not Cesc. He is not a Barca type midfielder. He is a premiere league type AMC. That's all. He can do nothing against park buses. If Sergi Roberto and Thiago are not good enough for Xavi replacement buy Veratti from PSG. Although PSG would not want, I am sure if we want Veratti, he would force his transfer because becoming a midfielder of Barca is all midfielder's dream.

Jadentheman

Does Arsenal have a refund fee? Seriously he only came back because everyone was riding on the #BringCanteraplayershome type of hype.

Home of Barca Fans