Cesc Fàbregas

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Why is everyone hating on Cesc? You guys are all making him out like he never did anything good and was an absolutely atrocious player, when in truth he had as many good games as bad ones and played out of position most of his time here, he's provided many world-class moments, had some of the best statistics in Europe even when he didn't shine in the second half of the season, and has won us many games. There's a difference between saying, "This player didn't really fit with our club, I'm sad it didn't work out, he's a great player" and saying, "I'm so glad he's gone, terrible in our system, finally we sold him."

The funny thing is, if Lucho does indeed utilize the 4-2-3-1 like a lot of us speculate, then Cesc would have been able to slot right into either Messi of Busquet's role in that formation as a world class rotation option.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Why is everyone hating on Cesc? You guys are all making him out like he never did anything good and was an absolutely atrocious player, when in truth he had as many good games as bad ones and played out of position most of his time here, he's provided many world-class moments, had some of the best statistics in Europe even when he didn't shine in the second half of the season, and has won us many games. There's a difference between saying, "This player didn't really fit with our club, I'm sad it didn't work out, he's a great player" and saying, "I'm so glad he's gone, terrible in our system, finally we sold him."
You're actually asking that?! You must be new here! :p

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I felt like before there was a whole lot of, "Cesc is good, but he just doesn't fit our system," and now it's devolved to, "Cesc didn't fit our system,"

And everyone's hating on him because he went to Chelsea, but Arsene rejected him :)cry:) and where else is he supposed to go? Spurs? Or do you want him to not move to London even though his wife wants him to move there?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Think Arsenal fans are more or the only ones really hurt about him going to Chelsea lol.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I felt like before there was a whole lot of, "Cesc is good, but he just doesn't fit our system," and now it's devolved to, "Cesc didn't fit our system,"

And everyone's hating on him because he went to Chelsea, but Arsene rejected him :)cry:) and where else is he supposed to go? Spurs? Or do you want him to not move to London even though his wife wants him to move there?
Well the fact of the matter is he is good and just didn't fit at Barca for certain reasons, but this is BarcaForum, every player who leaves becomes hated and/or is a traitor, you can't expect many posts that are coherent now can you? I mean shit, Sanchez didn't do a thing wrong but he's getting a good amount of hate. I don't even think Messi or Iniesta would be totally free of it if they left right now.

I just hope Cesc doesn't fade in the 2nd half of the season, cause I'm pretty confident he'll do a good job here. Hopefully Mourinho keeps him to 2 positions max, not throwing him around every position and he suffers for it.

slim boogy

There was and excellent article about why cesc to barca was a bad move.

At the time he wasn't needed, you had the best midfield plus keita and thiago in reserve. You disrupted the team to fit him in plus gave thiago less time.

All in all and unneeded and unnecessary signing.

Last edited:

GoobiePls

S♥NE
Even if he didn't fit in that is not his fault. Instead of hating on Cesc you should hate on the board, Pep or whoever pushed for him to come.

Robbie

It looks like his hairline has been steadily receding since he joined Barca. Perhaps the criticism from the fans really got to him. I blame Ursegor. :D

Could also be the Chelsea Effect

robben.jpg

robben.jpg

arjen-robben.png

This is Robben from Age 23 to 26

Home of Barca Fans