Cesc Fàbregas

F

Flavia

:worthy: Blaming Cesc for the loss. I thought he was one of the few good Barcelona players today.

I've said this 100x, it's not his fault. But playing with too many midfielders has made Barça toothless. Cesc is benching Villa, as he's not going to bench Iniesta, and that's one of the reasons of the poor displays. I'd even rather he'd bench iniesta and played with Vilal upfront.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Even if it's not his fault, he was absolutely horrible today, couldn't control a single ball, didn't even hit the ball while trying to shoot, twice! And got in the way of everything...

Vapor

As we all saw, subbing Cesc out did not make ANY difference. Yes he was terrible but he was not the reason we have been so bad.

It's a team-wide situation.

Cule4life

The Culest
Tito to Cesc: However bad u play you will be in the team.

Cesc must have incriminating pictures of Tito or Villa must have flirted with Tito's wife. Nothing else makes sense

slvtn

He isn't benching anyone. Cesc prooved often enough that he is good enough to be in the starting 11, Villa prooved that, too. Didn't see that much from Pedro though.
The problem - once again - is that the team isn't effective enough with him and Iniesta in the current formation. We'd need a better formation with Iniesta as a midfielder and maybe Cesc as a false 9.

All this hate just confidences me to get his name on my jersey. He will proove his class again and again. I'm sure.

Edit: only negative thing was this dive in the first half. Pedro also in the second. I don't understand why they aren't even trying to create a chance. Even if it would have been successful, it'd still be cheating.

Eetu

Adormit
It's not his fault, the team lacked any drive, and it would be ridiculous to try and pin it on any one player.

But tonight him getting the ball anywhere was reminiscent of Alexis getting the ball inside the penalty area.

Cule4life

The Culest
As we all saw, subbing Cesc out did not make ANY difference. Yes he was terrible but he was not the reason we have been so bad.

Subbing Cesc out when 2-0 down and Madrid fully confident. Of course it wouldnt make any differance. He shouldnt have played from the start

Villa7

I'm glad there's always a way to defend Cesc. At the end, It's always nice to not learn from the mistakes and keep making them.

Did you really think Barca would suddenly play great once Cesc was benched? when that happened, we needed to score 3 goals in 20 minutes. That's the reason why subbing Cesc did not make any difference, because it was too late. It was also harder to attack, because Mourinho told them to defend, and even changed Ozil for Pepe. If we had scored early, it would have been a different history, but that was impossible with Cesc running around having no idea what to do, In the match I saw him as a left winger, as a right winger, as a 9, as a midfielder, as a defender. Basically he was trying to do it all at once, and failing shoots & passes. But hey, let's protect Cesc, it's not his fault... never.

Last edited:

ryaninho

I'm glad there's always a way to defend Cesc. At the end, It's always nice to not learn from the mistakes and keep making them.

Did you really think Barca would suddendly play great once Cesc was benched? when that happened, we needed to score 3 goals in 20 minutes. That's the reason why subbing Cesc did not make any difference, because it was too late.
it's easy to say it was to late when he was subbed. Lets face it the whole team was rubbish sacpegoating cesc is not going to change a thing. Messi did not play well, xavi played bad thats two key players playing badly. Barca needs new tattics to much player power

Villa7

it's easy to say it was to late when he was subbed. Lets face it the whole team was rubbish sacpegoating cesc is not going to change a thing. Messi did not play well, xavi played bad thats two key players playing badly. Barca needs new tattics to much player power

Messi will never play great against a DECENT defense when Cesc is in, because he ends up with no space to score or assist. Cesc doesn't help at all in that task, he just plays as a midfielder sometimes, or as a 9, and makes things worse for Messi.

Home of Barca Fans