Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana-Rama

There's still question marks with this Bayern team, to be fair. They made a complete balls of the final last season, and they very nearly fucked up tonight too. They're a good team, but I'm not sure if they have it all there mentally.

ceefoo

I wanted Bayern in the next round before this humiliating defeat to a distinctly average Arsenal.
I want us to be drawn with them even more now.:bash:

I know that Bayern took the game lightly, which they wouldn't do if they faced us. But I think the only way we could lose to this overrated Bayern team is if they got extremely lucky, i.e. Chel$ki last season.

Also ... Why is everyone making predictions of the CL Draw? What's the point?

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
QF:

Barcelona 0-0 Malaga
Malaga 1-1 Barcelona ( Iniesta 90+4 )

Real Madrid 1-5 Bayern
Bayern 0-4 Real Madrid ( gaynaldo 88, 89, 90, 90+1 )

What is this??? :lol: I would die if things were that intense. Hell we would never hear the end of it from Madridistas if Cristiano ever scores 4 against Bayern.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
A couple predictions:

Bayern Munich - Arsenal

Straight forward win for Bayern, Arsenal are pretty toothless going forward with there main weapon being possesion & Bayern wil have most of that, Ribery is on fire & Arsenal defensively are pathetic with no shape to there team & no defensive cover either, often play off the cuff with no real gameplan. Bayern win Wenger out.

Valencia - PSG

I don't watch much of Valencia to be fair, but there struggling domestically but i'm not sure if they are playing well & not getting results. PSG i've watched & i do think there a god team with Thiago Motta returning, Verratti in midfield & Thiago Silva leading the defense. The Big Swede turns up, i'll give the nod to PSG.

Real Madrid - Manchester United

Both teams have played poorly all season despite United actually being top of the Premiership, i can't wait to watch this one, i expect lots of back & fourth action & goals, i think United are a constant goal threat & can score 2 or 3 out of nowhere. United win.

AC Milan - Barcelona

I think Barcelona's game suits AC Milan through the middle, the spine of Van Bommel, Nesta, Silva is gone & isn't as strong this year, but i'm pretty confident that Ambrosini & Yepes can do a good job on Messi with all that experience between the pair of them, i expect Pato/Robinho to leave in Jan so i'm not sure what the squad will be but niether are massively important in current times. I have Barcelona winning this but i don't think it's set in stone. Barcelona.

Shakhtar - Dortmund

I can't even begin to tell you how much i've been impressed of Shakhtar, in a tough group of Juventus & Chelsea (who were playing very well in the beggining) while finishing 2nd played the best by a long shot in that group, also good luck to Dortmund going to Ukraine. I'm not buying the Dortmund hype yet, fairplay for topping arguable the toughest group on paper, but Manchester City & Real Madrid have both been dire this season & if anyone impressed me in the entire group, it was actually Ajax. Close call - Shakhtar win.

Celtic - Juventus

I expect a few flicks of the hair + a couple through balls & then maybe a trip to the salon after the match for Pirlo.

Juventus win.

Can't really comment on Porto - Malaga & Schalke - Galatasaray as i don't watch any of them, although Huntelaar :wub: if i had to take a guess probably Porto/Galatasaray.

Well i got five right.

Look forward to the next predictions :lol:

ShandyFFM

just watched the arsenal bayern game. and at the end there was an interview with arsene wenger and a germany interviewer:

Question to Wenger: Mr. Wenger you have played bayern münchen several times in the past few year. So do you belive bayern is now finally ready to win the cl title this year ?

Answer from Wenger: Belive me when im saying we although played barcelona 3 or 4 times in the last few years and there is no one like them in europe no one is as good as they are

Irish_Cules

Well done to Malaga. Delighted for Pellegrini. He was treated poorly by Madrid but he's come back to prove himself as a top manager once again in the Champions League.
Interesting stat.......

Coaches with lowest loss percentage in the CL (30+ games): Guardiola 10% - Rijkaard 15% - Pellegrini 18%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans