Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Dortmund have a better chance beating Barca over 2 legs IMO, especially if they play at home in the 2nd leg.

aaron101

at this point. i really don't care who we face at quarterfinals. anyone aside from Malaga, PSG, Gala are all strong teams and have good chances on beating us.

I also don't want us to face madrid as I am so tired of watching clasico where violence happen. clasicos nowadays aren't that exciting anymore not because we lost our recent matches but because of too many games per season. every season we get to see 6-8 clasicos in all competitions and that's just insane. unlike before that we only see 2-4 clasicos per season.

I would like us to face a tough opponent for us to maintain our rhythm and form towards the finals. If we face an easy opponent. it will only make our players over-confident again and complacent just.

Milan helped us a lot in a sense of waking our players up and get back to their old style. We got back our hunger because of the loss to Milan.

Doobs

The Messiah
BFWhLO2CMAAxRgt.jpg

Our reaction drawing Arsenal in 2010/11

:rofl1:

*We lost the first leg

JackaL

The draw will surely be interesting and exciting tomorrow. Every team somehow hopes to draw Galatasaray, but we're always good for a surprise. As for Barca I don't have a preference, would be good not to face Madrid already. Don't forget we're stll the best team in history, just a little distracted the last couple of weeks.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
They can't play at home the 2nd lg...........the rule states that the 2nd leg at home is for the club with better UEFA rank
Ah, I wasn't aware of that rule. Was wondering why Barca is always at home in the 2nd leg.

I find that rule quite unfair, really. They are just trying to set up the best teams to make it to the latter stages, which makes sense but I don't agree with it at all. Everybody likes a surprise packet.

PaulFCB

Banned
Erm...no...there is no such rule, at least not till this year... we were simply drawn like that in the last years, last time, if the hour isn't killing my memory, was when we played Bayern and Chelsea in the QF/SF at home in the 1st leg simply because Barca was taken out first out of the pot.

They had an intention, yes, some 3-4 years ago to create "an year" coefficient counting points in the Group Stage + Round 2 ( R16 ) to make two different pots in the Quarter Finals so there won't be a mess up like Barcelona-Real in one draw and PSV-Fener in another... the idea fell because CL always had no restrictions starting in the QF, making anything possible from then on.
Also, the differences between 2 teams could be 0 many times, if for example one team had 11p in the group stage, 1 vic and 1 draw in the R16 and another 13p in the GS and two draws in R16.

Last edited:

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Ah, I wasn't aware of that rule. Was wondering why Barca is always at home in the 2nd leg.

I find that rule quite unfair, really. They are just trying to set up the best teams to make it to the latter stages, which makes sense but I don't agree with it at all. Everybody likes a surprise packet.

lol there is no such rule

Amir1983

After the epic comeback against Milan, it would be a pity if Barça don't end up winning the Champions League.

Whoever well get drawn to, I hope Barça go all the way and lift that trophy at Wembley.

JackaL

This shit got serious :p I am afraid we have to wait another 30min on top just for the presentations and bullshit bingos.

Paganinisrvnge

Aw man! I thought it was right now(6am Eastern time) so I set my alarm for 6:10 and my body woke me up on its own at 5:30. Turns out it's not until 7. I could have gotten more sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans