Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo10

It is incredibly annoying to see fans relieved/stressed about their own failure relative to their Rival.

You should thank Mourinho, since he took over things got ugly and personal between us and Madrid.
Now that Real grabbed a few wins against us its calm again, but in the beginning there were lots of ugly fights and incidents.

I hope Mou chokes with his ONE league title and two Copa del Rays in 3 seasons. :lol: :barca scarf:

Irish_Cules

It is incredibly annoying to see fans relieved/stressed about their own failure relative to their Rival.

I understand where you're coming from but I think this year is an exception for Barca fans in relation to Real.

Winning Champions League this year for Madrid would have meant that the Mourinho era was a success. Failing to do so would mean it would only be one league title and one or two Copa del Reys for the most expensive squad ever assembled under arguably the greatest manager in the world, which is a real disappointment for Madrid. If he was to win the Champions League he could claim to have come to Spain during the era of dominance by arguably the greatest side of all time and won everything there is to have won, including Madrid's long awaited 10th Champions League. This one trophy is the difference between his time at Madrid being a huge success and a considerable failure.

In years to come Barca fans will look back at this era and say that our team managed to hold off Mourinho's Madrid. Considering Barca will be claiming credit for holding off Madrid during the era , is a bit strange that Barca now have nothing to do with what the historical evaluation of this era will be, it is all down to Dortmund (I'm assuming Barca are out of the Champions League). This is the reason why Barca fans are particularly enthusiastic about seeing Madrid fail in Europe this year, because it has such a major effect on how the history of the Barca-Moudrid era will be looked upon.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
I'm gonna have finals at university at exactly the same times as all 4 semi-final games. North America and time-difference :shakeshead:

I can't believe I missed two amazing games. Damn it.

I got my prof to let me take my last exam early, so I can watch the Barca-Bayern second leg. But that's probably going to be such an anti-climactic game :(

Barca8

gundogan was incredible. his performance impressed me most.

I really like this kid too...
Like Xavi starting as a holding midfielder. Also like Xavi has vision, great passing range, can dribble though tough situations and also has a good shot.
If Gundogan could spend a few seasons learning from Xavi we'd easily have his replacement.

Kerrybai

Failing to do so would mean it would only be one league title and one or two Copa del Reys for the most expensive squad ever assembled under arguably the greatest manager in the world, which is a real disappointment for Madrid.

Great post.

After knocking out Madrid at the Semi final stage 2 years ago we effectively stopped Mou and his team of superstars, them winning it now would completely over shadow that victory for us. Mou and Madrid would be seen as heroic for overcoming that defeat and after beating us in recent El Classico's he would be hailed as a hero.

Those El Classico's wins mean very little now if all they produce is a Copa Del Rey...watch now Madrid will overcome Dortmund and win the final in Wembley :blush:

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Bad news for Real Madrid - Howard Webb has been appointed the referee for the second leg of the Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund semi-final tie in the

:lol:

Garrus

Bad news for Real Madrid - Howard Webb has been appointed the referee for the second leg of the Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund semi-final tie in the

37342262.jpg

B

beautifulgame

Perhaps the only ref I would talk shit on. gets big games based more on network and less so because of his recent performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans