Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Group E is like a group in Europe League.
Typical luck for Schalke. They avoided Charkiw in CL quali, played instead two pathetic games against PAOK and are now in a group with Basel and Bucharest...

Steaua beat Ajax and Chelsea in the Europa League last season so it won't be a walk in the park for Schalke as you think.

ejuventus

Barça's group is the most fascinating

Dortmund's and ours maybe the strongest (you have to look at the strength of the best 3 teams)

Darko

very tricky games with Milan and Celtic(although I think we will crush Celtic this time round),Milan is always a pain in the ass and they have Balo now

Kerrybai

In the Uefa final in 2000, Arsenal and Gala fans fought each other, causing damage in the city. However, they probably would't set same rules for English. I support security, however, even if it is not racism, there's kind of a subtle way of saying, we don't want these type of people here, and generelizing everything. I've been to Manu vs. Gala, sitting with Manu fans to watch the game, nothing happened. Additionaly, for a European Gala fan it is almost impossible to buy away tickets to watch the game, because they are sold trough an agency in Turkey which sells them only with tickets and hotels etc. S pretty fucked up for a born Copenhagen local who is of Turkish origin, isn't it?

Edit: if you read the comments on the source page, one has a pretty good explanation. The article is not well researched it seems from there.

The English don't have a recent history of violence in Europe (last 10 years)

I think its a good move by Copenhagen. Check out the Schalke - Gala match from last season. Gala fans bought up around 10'000 tickets. There were thousands of Gala fans mixed with Schalke and as a result they made a lot of noise and had a negative effect on Schalke's 'home advantage'. I imagine that Copenhagen want to avoid a similar scenario in their stadium.

XaviMessiGirl

The English don't have a recent history of violence in Europe (last 10 years)

I think its a good move by Copenhagen. Check out the Schalke - Gala match from last season. Gala fans bought up around 10'000 tickets. There were thousands of Gala fans mixed with Schalke and as a result they made a lot of noise and had a negative effect on Schalke's 'home advantage'. I imagine that Copenhagen want to avoid a similar scenario in their stadium.

I still think they could have gone about it in a different/better way. i.e. do they have some kind of fan club/membership scheme? If so, they could have sold to members only before opening it to public. Or check records to see if a person has attended a Copenhagen match before (I doubt for real local fans that this CL game would be their very first). Just something so certain fans don't feel like they're being singled out.

ejuventus

Please beat Madrid. :) Grazie

you mean...once, or to arrive 1st in the group?

We've beaten them last 3 times, not always is possible and specially this year.
With Gala will be a tough group for everyone, also for them........but at then end I think we'll be like in the draft :
1. Real 2. Juve 3. Gala

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Joined. :)

op_zps48a07902.png

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
-----------------Valdes-------------------
--Maggio----Mexes----Silva-----Marcelo--
--Isco------Pirlo-----Kaka(c)-----Hazard--
-------------Tevez------Villa-------------

Ridiculously sexy

Unreal

MVBarcaFan

Weidenfeller
Thiago Silva-Garay-Papadopoulos(Olympiacos)
Mkhitaryan-Bernard-R. Kruse-Weiss
CR7-Messi-Ibra

Bench: Busquets, Ambrose, Mangala, Unnerstall

K

kingleo

---------------Courtois------------------
----Alaba - Filipe Luis - Adriano--------
Hazard - Oscar - Vidal - Isco - Ribery--
--------J.Martinez - Messi-------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans