Napoli

and RM get the easy group

Real Madrid
CSKA Moscow
Basel
Anderlecht

impeh

Hi, its me..
The lineup has been completed for Thursday's UEFA Champions League group stage draw, taking place at 17.45CET at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco, with 14 former winners involved.

Pot 1: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica

Pot 2: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Paris St-Germain, Juventus

Pot 3: Zenit St Petersburg, Manchester City, Ajax Amsterdam, Borussia Dortmund, FC Basel, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen

Pot 4: FC Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic, Steaua Bucharest, Viktoria Plzen, Real Sociedad, Austria Vienna

No club can meet a side from their own country and the draw procedure will be explained during the ceremony, which also includes the presentation of the UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.

Faceless

No more faces at night
This won't be a walk in a park... I pity Arsenal though, but it will be interesting. A good competition is healthy.

XaviMessiGirl

Yep, we all saw what both Milan & Celtic were capable of against us last season. Ajax won't be a walk in the park either. But a challenge will be motivating, see what Tata can come up with here.

Juve v Madrid will be an interesting matchup too (despite being one of my worst nightmares), as will Bayern v City & any match in group F.

impeh

Hi, its me..
im guessing everyone saw, but here are the groups.

Group A: Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad

Group B: Real Madrid, Juventus, Galatasaray, FC Copenhagen

Group C: Benfica, Paris St-Germain, Olympiakos, Anderlecht

Group D: Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, Manchester City, Viktoria Plzen

Group E: Chelsea, Schalke, FC Basel, Steaua Bucharest

Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli

Group G: Porto, Atletico Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Austria Vienna

Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic

..our first match is a home game against Ajax.

Some exciting games in most of the groups, we always seem to get Milan and celtic. In a way it will be good to see how far the team have come on since last season, Milan will be stronger (balotelli) and celtic are hard to break down. Havnt seen much of ajax recently, dunno if bojan will be allowed to play? :p

Faceless

No more faces at night
Yep, we all saw what both Milan & Celtic were capable of against us last season. Ajax won't be a walk in the park either. But a challenge will be motivating, see what Tata can come up with here.

Juve v Madrid will be an interesting matchup too (despite being one of my worst nightmares), as will Bayern v City & any match in group F.
I kind of pity Celtic's manager. He was banging his head when he saw the draw. :lol:

Ajax.. hmm wonder whether Bojan will play against us.
Juve v Madrid is hard to tell.. Seems like the Italians will be top of the group with Madrid anyways.
Bayern vs City however, I might think City would have another upset if they are not careful.

Group F, besides Arsenal, I think everyone will try to get some points against Marseille. They seems to be the underdog of the group.

But, I doubt this season's Champions League will be as interesting as the last one.

raskolnikov

Im tired of playing against Milan, you just know we will meet chelsea as well somwhere down the right.
Still should walk this group though.

Ajax is a sellers club nowadays and lost Eriksen and Alderweireld today, there 2 best players.
Milan looked weak against Psv and should be beatable.
Celtic looked weak as well but away will always be difficult with their great fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans