Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Sociedad :(

Bayern were excellent though, for the first 80 minutes anyway. Kinda knew how the city fans felt, got battered.

Bertus

Meanwhile, Di Maria with 2 goals and 1 assist making the Bale transfer look even more hilarious than it already is.

Hilarious. :lol:

-

As for PSG, they played safe during the second half because there's the classico against Marseille next week end.

And Cavani almost scored but failed, so sad :(

Highlights of the game: Ibra everywhere, Verratti incredible, Marquinhos already the boss of our defence and scored again :lol: .

That was a great night :) I just hope they will play as well against Marseille.........

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I'm glad shakhtar deservedly got the draw. Man united is just so.....bland? Idk but they really need to change some things. Poor shinji on the bench

pEllee

Hilarious. :lol:

-

As for PSG, they played safe during the second half because there's the classico against Marseille next week end.

And Cavani almost scored but failed, so sad :(

Highlights of the game: Ibra everywhere, Verratti incredible, Marquinhos already the boss of our defence and scored again :lol: .

That was a great night :) I just hope they will play as well against Marseille.........

I'm sorry but Cavani was just awful tonight. Awful. He's obviously a great striker but it was a pointless signing by PSG. They don't need him.

Ibra was great, Verratti is just a joy to watch. As for Marquinhos, he's very talented indeed. Very impressive performance again by him.

Blanc has done pretty good to be honest. They play "better" football this season.

ejuventus

Juventus thriller 2-2 :lol:

the real Juve ended a 15 years ago ....... around 1997,1998
Afterwards, we've been a joke of society before than a joke of a team

I was deluded during Conte's 1st year...but suddenly himself he ruined what he was building up, turning into his crap 532 from a brilliant 433 that we didn't see at Juve since 1996

Meitux

Di Maria > Bale
:lol: Bale's not there and haven't played not even 5 games yet, and yet again another cheap excuse to find a chance of mocking him and comparing him to Di Maria. Is everybody forgetting how incosistent Di Maria has been, i don't mind telling you. I really don't care about Bale but seeing people comparing something with reasons that are not valid and find reasons to mock once more is getting annoying. Let Bale play first in a fair amount of time and see how Di Maria does throught the season and compare them after ffs...

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
All right, I for one continue to be unimpressed by Bayern. The quick one-touch passing is there, but it's all drilled, routine stuff that can be achieved by spending hours practicing on the pitch but not actually requiring vision or talent. Sure, the longballs showed some vision, as did the occasional throughball, but any creative midfielder will find the gaps seen in City defense. They're nowhere near stuff like this:

iQR6xnwQL5wZy.gif

With that said, City looked excellent the last ten minutes, and the two substitutions were very good. That team looked the better of the two, in my opinion, and those changes accomplished exactly what they needed. But it was too little, too late. The main problem was Pelligrini's starting formation; the team shape was wrong and even the normally good players looked useless. In addition, the player selections themselves were wrong; Aguero and Nasri both get frustrated easily when dominated easily, and as a result concede silly fouls and perform worse in general. The defense was poor and there were gaps between the double pivot and center backs far too often. I would have liked to see City use this formation when defending:

843308_Champions_League_Team.jpg

Milner, Navas and Negredo all provide good workrate and don't get overly frustrated easily. Pelligrini does need to drill into their heads that they won't be seeing a lot of the ball, but that idea should come easier to them then to someone like Nasri. Milner and Navas will be primarily focused on covering Lahm and Schweinsteiger when they check back for a drop, and putting in challenges on Ribery and Robben when they try to cut inside. Richards did a good job of keeping Ribery relatively quiet, so Kompany will help Clichy cope with Robben. Fernadinho and Garcia will further congest the area in front of the box and prevent shots from coming in, while Toure will roam that area for rebounds. When City to get the ball, which most likely won't be very often, they should try something like this:

843314_Champions_League_Team.jpg

Fernadinho will offer drops for Navas and Milner, who will go as wide as possible to attempt to tire Bayern's defenders and put in crosses for Negredo; Toure will play an CAM role, while Garcia sits deep so in case of a quick counter attack he can fill in for CB (yeah, I know, he's not that good at it) while the CB and fullback team up against whichever of Ribery or Robben has the ball.

At around 60 minutes, the changes need to happen to the formation at the end of the game against Bayern. Silva on for Garcia, with Fernadinho and Toure shifting to the double pivot, and Aguero on for Negredo. Aguero is a better super sub than the Spaniard in my opinion, mostly due to his pace but also because his linkup with the likes of Silva and Toure will be better than Negredo's. He'll provide more mobility up top and hopefully drag the CBs out of position, allowing Silva to dart in and rip quick shots; hopefully, Bayern would not come to grips with the addition of Silva quickly enough and will concede a goal shortly after the substitution.

What do you guys think?

pEllee

Well, it's certainly better than the 4-4-2 that Pellegrini tried. I've actually said it earlier, the double pivot with Yaya and Fernandinho has been shocking every time except for the game against United. They always leave those gaps to be honest.

So yes, they could use another defensive midfielder in there.

Bertus

I'm sorry but Cavani was just awful tonight. Awful. He's obviously a great striker but it was a pointless signing by PSG. They don't need him.

Ibra was great, Verratti is just a joy to watch. As for Marquinhos, he's very talented indeed. Very impressive performance again by him.

Blanc has done pretty good to be honest. They play "better" football this season.

Where did i say that Cavani was great :lol: ?

Cavani was not great for the same reason that he was not last week end : he's not playing where he should on the field.

I have no solution for that so far. All that I know is that PSG was awful when Blanc tried a 4-4-2.

Since he swaped it to 4-3-3 PSG is doing way better. Not incredible all the time but way, way better.

Now I Wonder what will happen because Cavani might become annoyed.

Now, I don't think Cavani is Menez. I don't see Cavani being that unprofessional.

I say that because Menez just went on rampage because he didn't play. He threw his jacket behind Blanc and left the bench.

............. Right after that Nasser went to meet him and said "GTFO from here and go home"

We're winning 3-0.

We should celebrate.

But because of that unprofessional retard the medias are already talking about that more than our performance.

Fu** that, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans