Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

Birdy

Lampard as known as the manager who lost 13 of his last 16 games, and yet @Birdy the troll thinks he can do better than Tuchel
Are you high or don't know how to read?

Never wrote that Lampard can do better than Tuchel.
Wrote that Tuchel could cook Madrid with the squad Lampard had yesterday. Simple as that

El Gato

Villarato!
Birdy always was a bit insane TBH, only a little less blockheaded than serghei in terms of revising own stances

How did y'all enjoy the game lads
Heard we played well
Didn't watch as there was a decent documentary on and Ancelotti told me ahead of the game 'the result will not decide anything' [so dont bother watching] so I didn't bother turning the channel on

Be interesting how we line up against that 3-2-4-1 Pep has going considering he has likes of Akanji and Ake lining up against Vini and Rodrygo

malvolio

Birdy always was a bit insane TBH, only a little less blockheaded than serghei in terms of revising own stances

How did y'all enjoy the game lads
Heard we played well
Didn't watch as there was a decent documentary on and Ancelotti told me ahead of the game 'the result will not decide anything' [so dont bother watching] so I didn't bother turning the channel on

Be interesting how we line up against that 3-2-4-1 Pep has going considering he has likes of Akanji and Ake lining up against Vini and Rodrygo
You're basically two games(maybe one will suffice) away from winning another CL. By looking at the other teams, Madrid has by far the most direct and incisive attack. City comes close by having Haaland, but their wide players are not on the level of Vinicius.

JamDav1982

City are clear of Real for me... could be wrong but fancy them strongely to beat Real conviningly.

But they probably should have last season on balance of play and failed so anything can happen.

Chelsea looked like what they are currently.. a mid table EPL team that has little confidence or even much of a game plan.

City should be a whole different ball game than that.

El Gato

Villarato!
Would expect City as a unit to try similar things they have in the past, even if the new shape gives it new flavor and extra things to worry about, mostly Grealish-Alvarez targeting Carvajal on the flank
At same time there's nothing I'd trust less than Pep and for his plan to not run into a wall, or him to try insert Walker at RCB to cope with Vini explosiveness and overcomplicate

If Haaland were injured I'd expect them to fold like they have, but considering he's never played against Real if fit he'll probably either be really up for it or spontaneously combust

RM will actually play underdog with no home fixture comeback dynamics so even more pressure on City to not cock up. Let's see if they deal with it

JamDav1982

Grealish came on and could have scored 2/3 in last seasons tie.

They should have targetted the Real full backs more that game really as Barca had done shortly before.

Be interesting to see if Pep tries to take Walker back in for Vini pace or keeps Stones RB/DM.

Pep the maverick to play one CB v Benzema and put Walker as other 'CB' but just out wide man marking Vini....

I guess he wont and will go high line v Real and try to stop them getting on ball.

Dont think Pep ever really forgave Cancelo for that 2nd leg last season.

fergus90

City should have beaten Real by a cricket score at the Etihad last season but Real were ultra clinical and City weren't.

I'd favour City but Vinicius is so dangerous and there's something about the Santiago Bernabeu in CL nights.

Home of Barca Fans