Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I expect Milan to knock Inter out, and for Madrid to knock City out. A Real Madrid vs AC Milan final would be very interesting considering the history of both clubs in the UCL. I don't expect City to do much against those Italians teams, not bcos they aren't better than them, but the experience both Milan clubs have in the UCL final (especially Milan) would really come in handy for them
That heritage shit is absolutely overstated. It's straight bullshit. It's the players in those teams actually have experience that does it. Not the history of the club. Did heritage help Madrid in the most of the 2000s?

BBZ8800

Coman is a very good player until its time for the end product

I used to be a huge fan of Bayern, but they are shitty in the last 10 years, since Pep came.
Not saying that is because of Pep, but they lack quality German players and they somewhat added more European or Spanish touch into their play compared to Bayern pre-2013.

They went from more physically dominant strikers like Mandzukic, Mario Gomez, Makaay to Lewa.
Lewa was good, but not as physical as Bayern's attackers from the past.
On wings, they went from Ribery and Robben to these Wallmart wingers like Sane and Koman.
In midfield, I know that our fans will get angry, but I never had any love for Kimmich.
From Effenberg and Schweinsteiger to fucking Kimmich.

Basically, the only true world class players at Bayern in the last 10 years were Neuer and Lewa.
Everything else is meh. They added imo too much of European/Spanish style into their football and they dropped massively in German talent and with signings in overall.
Apart from a covid season, they were a huge disappointment in the last 10 years.

They are kinda good in a group stage and versus Barca, but too often they go MIA against any semi-decent European team, again, not named Barca.

For me, it was a decade of a disappointment in a club which was one a huge European force and the only club who was able to KO prime Real's Galacticos around 2000'

In the last few season, Bayern is getting KOd more or less without creating any chances at all.
Dwelling in the midfield, passing to shitty wingers and nothing happens after that because in European matches, they don't have any physical presence in the box and not enough of their midfielders are attacking the box.
So, we just see aimless crossing in the box, which leads to nothing.
It probably works in Bundesliga, but not in a CL.

** Oh, and that kid Musiala...
Omg, what happened to angry Germans from 20 years ago?
They turned into Musi, Kimmich, Sane and Koman.
Unbelievable drop in quality.

BJJ

This is City's best chance imo. City's biggest problem is dealing with pressure. Same as Barca. They collapse under pressure, Madrid thrive on it.
Hoping City will ko Madrid but Pep might just overthink it yet again.
I used to be a huge fan of Bayern, but they are shitty in the last 10 years, since Pep came.
Not saying that is because of Pep, but they lack quality German players and they somewhat added more European or Spanish touch into their play compared to Bayern pre-2013.

They went from more physically dominant strikers like Mandzukic, Mario Gomez, Makaay to Lewa.
On wings, they went from Ribery and Robben to these Wallmart wingers like Sane and Koman.
In midfield, I know that our fans will get angry, but I never had any love for Kimmich.

Basically, the only true world class players at Bayern in the last 10 years were Neuer and Lewa.
Everything else is meh. They added imo too much of European/Spanish style into their football and they dropped massively in German talent and with signings in overall.
Apart from a covid season, they were a huge disappointment in the last 10 years.

They are kinda good in a group stage and versus Barca, but too often they go MIA against any semi-decent European team, again, not named Barca.

For me, it was a decade of a disappointment in a club which was one a huge European force and the only club who was able to KO prime Real's Galacticos around 2000'

In the last few season, Bayern is getting KOd more or less without creating any chances at all.
Dwelling in the midfield, passing to shitty wingers and nothing happens after that because in European matches, they don't have any physical presence in the box and not enough of their midfielders are attacking the box.

The fact is there isn't that much quality in football like there used to be. 2013 Bayern destroys any top side today. They would kill City and Madrid if the played.

Birdy

Football changed BBZ

If they were going with the equivalents of Effenberg and Schweinsteger in md at today's football, they would get played off the park by the likes of Benfica level teams

Besides they have had wonderful sides the last years, with the players you mention.
Bayern 2016 under Pep were wonderful,
Bayern 2020 and 2021 under Flick, where they won CL as well
even this season, if it were not for managerial change and facing City early

Redbuck

That heritage shit is absolutely overstated. It's straight bullshit. It's the players in those teams actually have experience that does it. Not the history of the club. Did heritage help Madrid in the most of the 2000s?
Don't you think that some of Inter/Milan players are out there to replicate (or even better) the feats of their previous legends and have their names written in the history books of the various clubs ??? You might say that it also works for City as well, but these Inter/Milan players have legends who can help them out, and share their own experiences at that stage with them so that they can cope very well with the pressure. Which players do City have to do that for them ??? None. That's all I'm trying to say

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I expect Milan to knock Inter out, and for Madrid to knock City out. A Real Madrid vs AC Milan final would be very interesting considering the history of both clubs in the UCL. I don't expect City to do much against those Italians teams, not bcos they aren't better than them, but the experience both Milan clubs have in the UCL final (especially Milan) would really come in handy for them

Don't you think that some of Inter/Milan players are out there to replicate (or even better) the feats of their previous legends and have their names written in the history books of the various clubs ??? You might say that it also works for City as well, but these Inter/Milan players have legends who can help them out, and share their own experiences at that stage with them so that they can cope very well with the pressure. Which players do City have to do that for them ??? None. That's all I'm trying to say
Short answer no.

No offence intended but that's absolute Waffle.

fergus90

Bayern have historically fallen short just as much as they've won though. Even in the Schweinsteiger era I remember them losing away to BATE Borisov, almost bottling the tie to a piss poor Arsenal 0-2 , losing in their own stadium to that Chelsea side etc.

They went from 1977-2001 without winning a CL and even blew a 1-0 lead in the 90th minute with Effenburg as captain during the 99 final.

In 07 they were celebrating like crazy because they drew 3-3 and made a comback in the Uefa cup against Getafe.

They current team definitely lack a striker and presence in the box, but it wasn't like they created no chances. Coman, Sane etc were wasteful, Mane missed a sitter. They aren't miles off the likes of City and have definitely had much worse teams.

El Gato

Villarato!
Bernardo out there talking about revenge.

The British teams never learn on the bravado. Pep had this right trying to antijinx after the countless times he's got boinked by fate

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They are 4th and 5th in their league. If one of them wins it, it would be crazy. The funny thing is I can see them winning against City but not Madrid.
Would like it either won. Can't stand City and Madrid.

Morten

They are 4th and 5th in their league. If one of them wins it, it would be crazy. The funny thing is I can see them winning against City but not Madrid.

If Milan wins it, they would solidify their place as number 2 on the list in terms of UCL trophies, strange to think about considering they've been down and out for 10 years.

Home of Barca Fans