Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

Porque

It's a typical Pep away game. He will be happy with the result. And this year their home form has been great enough to justify the lack of rhythm change.

Going back to days with us, he rarely won a CL away tie.

Madrid will also be content, now away goals are removed.

Good game of chess against two high level teams, even if both played within themselves.

TrueCule

Fair result which favors City especially considering their bad away form this season (they only beat Sevilla away, the rest were draws). They play miles better at the Etihad in which Real have never won. I expect they will smash Real to pieces in the away leg. It's their for the grabs.

El Gato

Villarato!
Entitled much to call them mediocre
Football isnt about reaching or clearing a bar set by former sides

This is still best teams in Europe and they're not mediocre. Players in them still break records and do unprecedented things

That said very clearly standards have gone down. Just need to learn to live with it

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Inter are very mediocre.

Milan are good, but we should beat them but with our clowns who knows.

jamrock

Inter aren't mediocre, Barca fans just can't get over the fact that we lost to them.

Back to front they have a very good team.

ajnotkeith

Inter are very mediocre.

Milan are good, but we should beat them but with our clowns who knows.
Inter will knock out Milan, and I think will win a final against Madrid if they get through, City would be more difficult. It will certainly be very well contested.

Their manager has an unbelievable record in cup competitions and they have something special for sure. A fight/heart. This Inter is different to the ones of past years.

ajnotkeith

Inter aren't mediocre, Barca fans just can't get over the fact that we lost to them.

Back to front they have a very good team.
Their squad is okay, but they have major holes, much more than we do. We complain about Busquets whilst they are playing a 33 year old Darmian converted to CB as their starter.

However, I really like their manager. Conte couldn't even get 3rd in CL groups when he had Inter and Inzaghi has got them to a semi final with a worse squad and no budget.

fergus90

Inter did have quite a nice draw after the group stage. They are decent but they got rolled over easily by Bayern twice so would expect either City or Madrid to make light work of them.

I’m looking forward to the game though, nice to see a Milano derby in Europe again even if both sides are nowhere close to what they they were.

Morten

Inter will knock out Milan, and I think will win a final against Madrid if they get through, City would be more difficult. It will certainly be very well contested.

Their manager has an unbelievable record in cup competitions and they have something special for sure. A fight/heart. This Inter is different to the ones of past years.

Even if City beats RM in the semis, how is City a more difficult opponent in the final?

RM is not a team known for losing UCL finals, both are tough, but if i were you i would want City, actually.

ajnotkeith

Even if City beats RM in the semis, how is City a more difficult opponent in the final?

RM is not a team known for losing UCL finals, both are tough, but if i were you i would want City, actually.
It's to do with the approaches, Madrid is a much more favourable game for Inter.

Madrid play the knockout ties the same way every time, cede control and wait for transitions on the counter to get ball to Vini and Benz in space. By and large it works well against likes of City and Liverpool, who although different, are both aggressive in their own way and get a lot of people forward and are happier to play high lines.

Against Inter it isn't the case. They are a slow buildup, 5 back Italian bus in these types of games. They are going to sit back compactly and try and build up slowly when they have it, who has done that with a lot of success vs Madrid this season? (Barca!)

Madrid also have been really poor in the league mainly due to failure to break down parked buses and deep lying teams who put initiative on Madrid to attack and try and find space not the other way around.

Inter has a solid defensive structure tactically but also has some technically proficient midfielders who can hold the ball and frustrate with it when needed.

City are better against smaller, defensive teams because they use a positional play approach, which is the best for breaking down deep blocks, it stretches the defensive line out and ensures complete dominance of the ball and game, because you're using every space on the pitch to attack and unbalance them, as opposed to this 'relationist' approach where Madrid putting 3 or 4 players on one side to one two with each other and not utilising the whole pitch.

Of course, Madrid is going to be the gigantic favourite for pretty much anyone predicting that final, but I think Inter would be in with a great chance.

Birdy

It's to do with the approaches, Madrid is a much more favourable game for Inter.

Madrid play the knockout ties the same way every time, cede control and wait for transitions on the counter to get ball to Vini and Benz in space. By and large it works well against likes of City and Liverpool, who although different, are both aggressive in their own way and get a lot of people forward and are happier to play high lines.

Against Inter it isn't the case. They are a slow buildup, 5 back Italian bus in these types of games. They are going to sit back compactly and try and build up slowly when they have it, who has done that with a lot of success vs Madrid this season? (Barca!)

Madrid also have been really poor in the league mainly due to failure to break down parked buses and deep lying teams who put initiative on Madrid to attack and try and find space not the other way around.

Inter has a solid defensive structure tactically but also has some technically proficient midfielders who can hold the ball and frustrate with it when needed.

City are better against smaller, defensive teams because they use a positional play approach, which is the best for breaking down deep blocks, it stretches the defensive line out and ensures complete dominance of the ball and game, because you're using every space on the pitch to attack and unbalance them, as opposed to this 'relationist' approach where Madrid putting 3 or 4 players on one side to one two with each other and not utilising the whole pitch.

Of course, Madrid is going to be the gigantic favourite for pretty much anyone predicting that final, but I think Inter would be in with a great chance.

Wonderful analysis
One note: the 'relationist' approach by Madrid is by accident and not something planned. They counter the way they see it each time, and because the ball almost always goes to Vini on the left it may look like an intentional approach, but it isn't IMO

Home of Barca Fans