Champions League 2024-25

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Would be great to draw YB, love to be able to see them here en Suisse - they play good football too

I’ll predict:
Celtic
Leverkusen
Aston Villa

Andresito

Staff member
I think @Fati_Future_BallonDor also prefers Young Boys.

Posting again:
GWGT-eDW4AA9REP

Andresito

Staff member
Would be great to draw YB, love to be able to see them here en Suisse - they play good football too

I’ll predict:
Celtic
Leverkusen
Aston Villa
New format. We'll have 8 opponents.

Here's a draw simulator, horizontal are home games, vertical away games. https://draw.inker.one/#/cl/ls

I got
Home:
PSG
Arsenal
Feyenoord
Bologna

Away:
Leipzig
Leverkusen
Salzburg
Brest

Ngl with this new format there will be a lot of cracking games.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yep, 8 opponents not 7 actually - just reading about it now

What an odd structure but it‘s true that it permits seeing big clubs play each other sooner than later in competition

24 points to play for in 1st stage - top 8 clubs advance to Round of 16 while those that finish 9-24 go into 2-legged knockout as usual (Top 9-16 have home for return leg)

Basically the bottom 12 out

jamrock

I don't know why fans are in this big rush to see big teams play each other early, those guys should feel like a big occasion, one of the reasons clasico's feel kinda meh now, there is like 5 of them per year.

I prefer the "boring" group stage

Porque

This system is diabolical. I think it will make the group stage less interesting because it will be a big clusterfuck of some teams having easy fixtures and others difficult ones- all in the same league system.

Sure the last few match days may be interesting though. But seeing the VAR in LaLiga trying to manipulate results, and VAR in EPL choosing when to give and not give goals, I have no doubt that this will be further used to nudge the teams they want to get through to get through.

Loki

I don't know why fans are in this big rush to see big teams play each other early, those guys should feel like a big occasion, one of the reasons clasico's feel kinda meh now, there is like 5 of them per year.

I prefer the "boring" group stage
Because we live in times where quantity is more important than quality, if it leads to more money. You see it in every entertainment and sports area. Generic movies and series to keep people subscribed and then being abandoned for the new generic soulless hype. Spotify song hype that no one cares about after a few weeks, when a new hit gets released.
Times are over when you listened to the same album for years, even decades, rewatched a masterpiece of a movie/series several times or enjoyed a football match between 2 huge teams you waited for weeks and months. Gen Z just wants it now and in abundance. That generates money.

Things like this is impossible now:

Birdy

New format. We'll have 8 opponents.

Here's a draw simulator, horizontal are home games, vertical away games. https://draw.inker.one/#/cl/ls

I got
Home:
PSG
Arsenal
Feyenoord
Bologna

Away:
Leipzig
Leverkusen
Salzburg
Brest

Ngl with this new format there will be a lot of cracking games.

I will go with

Pot 1: Liverpool A, Leipzig H
Pot 2: Milan H, Leverkusen A
Pot 3: PSV H, Red Star A
Pot 4: Monaco A, Bologna H

MontenegrinCuler

Anything except Bayern and Man City, and I'm fine with it. Although we could possibly handle both. I just don't want to live through it if Bayern dunks on us again or Pep's City does it 1st time

Loki

Anything except Bayern and Man City, and I'm fine with it. Although we could possibly handle both. I just don't want to live through it if Bayern dunks on us again or Pep's City does it 1st time
Bayern isn't that club anymore, their defense sucks, Kane looks like he is even older than Lewandowski and they are as dependend on Musiala as we're on Lamine. I think Flick would have a really good plan how to beat his old side.

MontenegrinCuler

Bayern isn't that club anymore, their defense sucks, Kane looks like he is even older than Lewandowski and they are as dependend on Musiala as we're on Lamine. I think Flick would have a really good plan how to beat his old side.
Yeah, I think we would beat them too. But it would be a fucking disaster if we lost to them again. The thrashings they have put on us post 2020 against our worst squads in decades and that one in 2013 made them look like a bigger club. I just don't want to risk it. Better face them when we pick ourselves up completely and offer them a very proper smashing as a revenge.

Rassvet

This format is definitely an improvement. The tennis style seeding for the knockout stages is much better and also adds extra incentive to the group stage.

seeds_placement_0825.jpg

Loki

This format is definitely an improvement. The tennis style seeding for the knockout stages is much better and also adds extra incentive to the group stage.
So we always have the same teams in the quater final, which will be 95% of the time the teams in red, which will be also always the same teams with maybe 1-2 changes each season. It's fucking boring.

Home of Barca Fans