Champions League 2024-25

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Maradona37

And on the subject of Prince William, good he's finally grown in some stubble, but why doesn't the cunt just shave his head? He will hardly be Brad Pitt but it would look a lot better than the horseshoe look. I guess a shaved head is too 'severe' for his cuntish family.

Maradona37

Not only good. He looks top notch so far. Look at how Bayern plays, tactics, everything...
He has totally rejuvenated them

As for tonight's game, emery's Villa is maybe the worst match-up for Bayern and how they play.
I was expecting a Villa win.
Later in the season, when Kompany's ideas become even more ingrained in his players, result could be different
True, it's a classic speedy counter team in behind a high line. That is how Villa always play, and what teams like Bayern are susceptible to.

It's quite simple when you think about it.

FC B

Idk really, Bayern will be hungry for points against us on Montjuic because of this. They can't afford a loss. But so will we. Will only make the match more exciting.

Vardrid bottlejob, of course, always a feast for our club

They would've been as hugry for points even if they had won tonight.

fergus90

I fancy us to match up to anyone in a one off under Emery. He’s been there and done it.

It’s the best team I’ve ever witnessed us have. When my dad first started taking me, we were good and won a couple trophies but I was too young to really appreciate it.

And the fact Barca are also rising again too, the football gods are being kind to me for once :lol:

Maradona37

I fancy us to match up to anyone in a one off under Emery. He’s been there and done it.

It’s the best team I’ve ever witnessed us have. When my dad first started taking me, we were good and won a couple trophies but I was too young to really appreciate it.

And the fact Barca are also rising again too, the football gods are being kind to me for once :lol:
You've got pace and energy throughout your team, and seem to be clinical in that you can score with fewer shots i.e. don't need loads of chances to score. Even tonight Pau Torres had a goal disallowed early on.

I like your team. The counter/transitional style isn't my favourite, but Villa are one of those teams that do it right and make it look interesting and entertaining.

Maradona37

I did vote for Bayern, but unsure. It's so difficult to pick. I think I was swayed away from Man City by Rodri's injury. Of course Real Madrid have a big chance. And Liverpool and Barcelona have European heritage to be there or there abouts.

Not entirely sure on Bayern but not gonna be knee-jerk on one game - will keep with them. But it's so hard to call with a group of 5-6 'elite' sides.

CatalinR10

GY6RB3vbAAISMdn

Referee spotted crying after being forced to award a legit penaldo against RM.

Hard night.

Maradona37

In the same way I post when I do well (last night), I have to post when I do badly. It's only fair.

In fairness there were a lot of upsets tonight. In the same way I can't really take credit when I predict an elite team to beat a minnow, it's hard to blame me for not having the confidence to predict the likes of Atletico being hammered by Benfica or Villa beating Bayern or Lille beating RM.

I think it will be a low scoring evening for most players on Superbru

lol.png

Messi983

There's a lot of teams that just get written off as poor because they're not elite level superpowers. It happens a lot with Ligue 1 as a league too - there's some decent teams there but because PSG are a powerhouse and mostly win the league everyone else is seen as rubbish.

The truth is teams like Brest, Benfica, Leipzig, Lille, Sporting et al all represent a tough game at times - especially at their own grounds.

Of course there are some punching bags in Europe, but those are the real minnows, not the second level teams (or as I used to jokingly call them, 4.5 star rated teams on FIFA). These teams cannot just be underestimated.

Yeah, you have teams like Dinamo Zagreb (a pretty regular CL team) who were thrashed in Munich but almost won against Monaco (who beat Barca previous game) yesterday. So even teams who are overmatched against elite opponents will look much better in other games. They'll have better chances to show that in this new format where they won't have to play against the same (clearly superior) opponent twice too.

Only teams who don't look like they belong so far are YB and Slovan Bratislava. But YB are just in very poor form, they are currently 11th in their league. I would have more doubts about them if they would cruise it in Swiss Super League and then look totally out of depth in CL but when team is in a bad moment for whatever reason(s) (don't follow them to know why they're struggling) that will be even more evident when playing against top European teams. And Slovan are in CL for the first time in their history so paying price of inexperience and just overall lack of quality.

Salzburg also didn't start well but they were a regular team in previous version of CL and more or less always competitive. Probably just have too young team at this time and also have some players out injured. I think they'll do better in coming games though second half of their schedule is very tough.

Home of Barca Fans