Champions League 2024-25

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

jamrock

Also, what's important in our financial situation.

You get 2,1m for a win and 700k for a draw. IIRC in previous years you were awarded around 3m for a win so less money now.

But OTOH you get more money the higher you finish on the table. Winning the group gets you 9,9m and then 275k less for every position lower. So pretty important to finish as high as we can.
Sounds like BS to me.

serghei

Yeah seems like it. Dortmund away could be spicy as well and Bayern at home 50/50. Young boys should get spanked

Yeah, and could have got some lower level team than Monaco in the away match from pot 4. But can't moan about this, most teams in Pot 1 got more unlucky.

jamrock

Ronaldo will his Jacob billion watch, pressing a button is funny as hell.

Just cut that part out next time.

jamrock

What? It's on Uefa's official site.

Also, teams from 1-8 will get additional 2m and teams from 9-16 additional 1m.
I meant getting less for wins, the extra games in the group/league stage, kinda makes up for the difference.

But they should have except the 3m and give more money if you finish higher.

All of this is to generate more income, so let the cash rain.

serghei

Soooo, from 32 teams: 8 go through directly, 16 play playoffs against each other and 8 are out? That's rather low stakes for the big teams.

But the position in the league decides your path to the final. It's a seeded system. No more draws.

But it's true, next to zero chances a top team doesn't manage to get at least a place in the first 16.

mc_lovin

But the position in the league decides your path to the final. It's a seeded system. No more draws.

But it's true, next to zero chances a top team doesn't manage to get at least a place in the first 16.
I doubt the seeding will create easier paths to be honest. The only nice thing is to avoid playing two more games.

Messi983

I meant getting less for wins, the extra games in the group/league stage, kinda makes up for the difference.

But they should have except the 3m and give more money if you finish higher.

All of this is to generate more income, so let the cash rain.

This is for last season.

Group stage performance bonuses will be paid for each match: €2.8m per win and €930,000 per draw. Undistributed amounts (€930,000 per draw) will be pooled and redistributed among the clubs playing in the group stage in amounts proportionate to their number of wins

And new season.

League phase performance bonuses will be paid for each match: €2.1m per win and €700k per draw. Undistributed amounts (€700k per draw) will be allocated proportionally to the league phase ranking referred to in the next bullet point

OTOH teams will now receive around 3m more just to qualify for group stage.

jamrock

How high we finish, will be determined by how well we do against

Bayern, durtmond and benfica/Atalanta.

Because everyone will likely get maximum points against the lower teams.

serghei

I doubt the seeding will create easier paths to be honest. The only nice thing is to avoid playing two more games.

It is gonna do that. For example, no 1 and no 2 is not gonna meet until the final. No 1, 2, 3, 4 in the league, can't meet until the semis. Like in tennis I think. It's very beneficial to finish the league phase very high.

Home of Barca Fans