Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

Temptation

Liverpool fan ignore the point that they are possibly doing so well domestically (well, still not top) precisely because there is no European distraction, which their main rivals have.

It's not about the CL level being lower so Liverpool would be a favourite, but that Liverpool level being higher because the EPL has been the only focus all season long.

We're in 4 competitions with more than 20 injuries bruv.

Porque

We're in 4 competitions with more than 20 injuries bruv.

And three of those are as relevant as Conor McGregor in 2024.

But seriously, based on how your playing you would obviously be one of the best in CL.

I'm just pointing out how you have been aided by the circumstance. Remember months ago you were claiming City were favourites for the league and Pep will kick in second half. And I said nah mate, you ain't go CL to worry and you will be favourites.

I'm still on that boat.

Birdy

Lol, the best teams prove themselves exactly in knockout matches with high pressure against the other best teams. Matches in which you give your absolute best… Leagues are won against the small teams and often results against your biggest rival means nothing.

No mate, these games can be decided by the toss of a coin, minimal contingent factors in one or two plays that are not reflective of a level of the teams.
Saarbrucken eliminated Bayern in DFB pokal. According to your logic they have it more than Bayern in high pressure games. Plenty of examples from the history of football. No need to cite

League are won against small and big teams together. City under Pep who were extremely unlucky 2 or 3 times in CL knockouts, did not win only vs small teams, but also easily cruised over the big ones as well these seasons.
You judge over the course of the whole season, and you judge by the level of football played

But I understand why a Madritista like you would say this: it's the stupid narrative that you push in order to argue that you were the best team in Europe in seasons where you were absolutely worse than at least 5 other teams and yet won CL.
The sad thing is that this line is being adopted more and more by Barca fans

Birdy

I mean they never did win a tie against us despite like 3-4 tries.
But that's it - they did. Past tense. Things are very different since those last few CL ties

We no longer have many players that dragged us across the line in those tight knockouts - could argue Rodrygo, Belli and Vini might do it again but it's yet to be tested
And Atleti have always been more confident against us under Carlo

Not that we'd not be favourites - we arguably would
I'm just saying it's probably the most annoying tie of the lot if it gets drawn
I wouldnt be nearly as mad at having to face any of Bayern, PSG, Barca, Arsenal etc
Only City would be an obvious problem but I actually think had it not been for Courtois and Militao getting hurt, we'd not do nearly as poorly this time around

No one 'dragged you'. Atleti fumbled their chances in games where they were MUCH better than you as a team in general.
They bend over, and Simeone as well, because of their inferiority complex and mental block of whatever.

PS: You are trying to jinx it once again. You are burning inside to have Atleti again, because other than Dortmund (and maybe Barca) you will get seriously exposed against all the rest

NKMaribor

No mate, these games can be decided by the toss of a coin, minimal contingent factors in one or two plays that are not reflective of a level of the teams.
Saarbrucken eliminated Bayern in DFB pokal. According to your logic they have it more than Bayern in high pressure games. Plenty of examples from the history of football. No need to cite

League are won against small and big teams together. City under Pep who were extremely unlucky 2 or 3 times in CL knockouts, did not win only vs small teams, but also easily cruised over the big ones as well these seasons.
You judge over the course of the whole season, and you judge by the level of football played

But I understand why a Madritista like you would say this: it's the stupid narrative that you push in order to argue that you were the best team in Europe in seasons where you were absolutely worse than at least 5 other teams and yet won CL.
The sad thing is that this line is being adopted more and more by Barca fans

Bayern would trash Saarbrucken 999 times out of 1000. It is question of sample size and variance. Hence your analogy is nonsense.

A team dominating CL for a decade should tell you something. But hey you are a Cule. 😁

Birdy

Bayern would trash Saarbrucken 999 times out of 1000. It is question of sample size and variance. Hence your analogy is nonsense.

A team dominating CL for a decade should tell you something. But hey you are a Cule. 😁

All models said that for instance in 2022 you would get eliminated to all of Chelsea, City, and Liverpool 95 or so out of 100 times, given the very same game (and chances and everything)

And yet you think this is not luck, but it's due some intangible thing you have the edge in

But hey you are a Madritista

PS: But I feel you
It pains you to have never won a treble which kills all doubt whether one was the best team in Europe that season. Yes, it's tiring to having to prove you deserve that title

NKMaribor

All models said that for instance in 2022 you would get eliminated to all of Chelsea, City, and Liverpool 95 or so out of 100 times, given the very same game (and chances and everything)

And yet you think this is not luck, but it's due some intangible thing you have the edge in

But hey you are a Madritista

PS: But I feel you
It pains you to have never won a treble which kills all doubt whether one was the best team in Europe that season. Yes, it's tiring to having to prove you deserve that title

Actually it is quite tangible. Top quality squad adapted for modern football, plus killer mentality. Example being while you were down, you went even lower. City, absolutely folded under pressure for years. It is absolutelly crucial trait to have, and absolute display of quality. Hence the obscene dominance of club football.

As for treble. Are you saying that Mou’s Inter was deserved winner of CL, given they have won treble In 2010?

Lets make a deal. You keep your trebles, while i keep 3 consecutive CLs. Okay?

Home of Barca Fans