Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Andrew M

I am not as emotionally invested in team as I was some 5-6yrs ago when Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol,Valdes were active and for me the 7-0 against Bayern was more devastating than this. Since than Barcelona almost never played at the highest possible level in the UCl besides a few matches in 2015 ( we got lucky with getting weak PSG and Bayern that season) like the final against Juve. How is that even possible? How can a club allow themselves to rely on one single player like Messi and expect him to carry on the team for whole fucking 7 seasons? The defense issues were never fixed and they were always masked by a supposedly strong midfield and attack, and when they don't deliver the whole thing fails apart. Why is it so hard to fire Pique and get some quality cbs? The transfer decisions of the board are truly bizarre with all the +100€ signings of instagram brats who care more about their video games and likes than the club they play for. What was the last time we signed someone who actually made a difference? Maybe Suarez, that's about it. Messi should just leave this place, they are not worthy of him.

Say what you want about the team now but that 2015 team was the best easily that year. We could actually score goals away from home amazingly

Neeraj

This has been devastating. Got mocked all day, and Liverpool cockroaches are all out in full force.

Thanks Valverde and the team, you guys have given the fans a performance we will be ashamed of for generations to come.

cris29

How could he start the same team from the first leg? We all seen how much better we played once Semedo came on, he negates Mane's #1 strength. How could Valverde be so stupid? Everybody said the same thing before the second leg, Semedo had to start. I am still in shock tbh. We played a 4-4-2 in a CL Semi Final second leg in 2019 against a side that their biggest strength is pressing you.

Also, how the fuck are we so bad away from home in the CL? Don't we have sports psychologists at the club?

Howlgrana

Klopp's instructions with the ball boys' is standard 'let's try everything we can', will-to-win attitude that the idiot Valverde does not possess, clearly. Any manager with intelligence and desire to win big matches like these will come up with some kind of plan instead of looking scared on the sidelines like EV.

cro-man

Our problems started with trusting into the same players again and again. MSN covered our problems as good as they could and won cl. At that moment our midfield with rakitic and busquets were already bad as it can be and they got even worse. Ageing iniesta left and we turned our midfield from the best to the worst. What did we do to replace this shit midfield? Nothing really nothing. Rakitic and busquets are playing side by side since years.

Alves left and we replaced him with the guy called roberto who never really was a candidate to make it here and here we are. A starter and one of the captains:lol: One of the worst rightbacks i have ever seen.

Still cant believe some are talking about lack of heart and motivation. Liverpool played us into ground in two legs even at camp nou they dominated us badly. You dont dominate like this with only motivation and heart. Thats quality we are missing because we are still thinking our players are worldclass because they were once ago.

The worst thing in this current squad is the behavior towards some players. For example the way treat the younger ones like dembele. Not passing and shouting at him because he is not doing well atm. They never behaved like that towards coutinho or should i call him floptinho. They did the same to semedo and i guess it was because of the fight with their best friend neymar. Every friend of messi is a friend and if not you are an enemy or what?

Lack of leadership from the captain and the manager is a big problem also.

Arizona Scott

Klopp's instructions with the ball boys' is standard 'let's try everything we can', will-to-win attitude that the idiot Valverde does not possess, clearly. Any manager with intelligence and desire to win big matches like these will come up with some kind of plan instead of looking scared on the sidelines like EV.

Yes rewatching it was so clear the attention to detail of the Liverpool staff and the proactivity and cohesion in how they were playing as a team, quite opposite for Barca.

It was that and the passion of Liverpool's players why the best player in the planet isn't in the finals again. Major changes in staff and players is needed.

Richard.H

Our problems started with trusting into the same players again and again. MSN covered our problems as good as they could and won cl. At that moment our midfield with rakitic and busquets were already bad as it can be and they got even worse. Ageing iniesta left and we turned our midfield from the best to the worst. What did we do to replace this shit midfield? Nothing really nothing. Rakitic and busquets are playing side by side since years.

Alves left and we replaced him with the guy called roberto who never really was a candidate to make it here and here we are. A starter and one of the captains:lol: One of the worst rightbacks i have ever seen.

Still cant believe some are talking about lack of heart and motivation. Liverpool played us into ground in two legs even at camp nou they dominated us badly. You dont dominate like this with only motivation and heart. Thats quality we are missing because we are still thinking our players are worldclass because they were once ago.

The worst thing in this current squad is the behavior towards some players. For example the way treat the younger ones like dembele. Not passing and shouting at him because he is not doing well atm. They never behaved like that towards coutinho or should i call him floptinho. They did the same to semedo and i guess it was because of the fight with their best friend neymar. Every friend of messi is a friend and if not you are an enemy or what?

Lack of leadership from the captain and the manager is a big problem also.
Amen!!! Best post about this loss in a while!

kilian

Another Liverpool fan showing us they have a great team, but the most deluded and retarded fans in the world.

JerseyAddict

I would like to point this out

PSG away 4 0
Juve away 3 0
Roma away 3 0
Lpool away 4 0

14 0

Fuckin FOURTEEN fuckin ZERO

In the GOAT era ... Not lik in 2003. Ffs

Home of Barca Fans