Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

JedBanker

If we lose i really wonder what Valverde apologists will say. Honestly after last season vs Roma I cant believe there are still people there who are okay with him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If we lose this tie, I know whose head I will be asking for.

You’d want his head in any circumstance. If we lose and you don’t like his lineup, if we lose with your preferred lineup and even if we win but it wasn’t “stylish enough for you”

serghei

Valverde May also be going at it from the experience angle rather than just football. Vidal is an experienced champion, while I don’t like Roberto decision he is more experienced than semedo.

Edit: damn bbz beat me to it

Hmm, yea, experience counts. However, don't you think a midfielder that rarely loses the ball and it's extremely hard to dispossess is your best bet against a team that basically feeds on ball recoveries in the opponent's half?

Arthur should've been one of the first names on the team sheet tonight. Because his best attributes are a match with Liverpool's most lethal weapons. No wonder their fans are happy he's not playing. A player who can hold off their pressing and complete a pass almost every time is solid gold vs a well pressing unit. It creates initial spaces, which are expanded by elite players like Messi. Now Messi will have to do everything on his own almost, with 3 defenders behind him.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Hmm, yea, experience counts. However, don't you think a midfielder that rarely loses the ball and it's extremely hard to dispossess is your best bet against a team that basically feeds on ball recoveries in the opponent's half?

Arthur should've been one of the first names on the team sheet tonight. Because his best attributes are a match with Liverpool's most lethal weapons. No wonder their fans are happy he's not playing.

Liverpool seems to have set up more defensively. Klopp looking for superiority in midfield.

FinBarcelonafan

Our only other option is Dembele.
Who is raw and out of form after injury, again.

Arthur had 2 good games in the last two Months.
Dembele had zero.

To some extent, EV picked the most experienced and the most in form lineup in this moment.
If we remove emotions.

Arthur and Dembele were quite bad lately.

True. Dembele didn't impress too much lately and Arthur wasn't anything special.

serghei

Liverpool seems to have set up more defensively. Klopp looking for superiority in midfield.

No. He has made that midfield tight, and will be filled with pressure. Let's see how we're gonna play through that with our best passer and mover on the bench.

Howlgrana

Arthur should've been one of the first names on the team sheet tonight. Because his best attributes are a match with Liverpool's most lethal weapons. No wonder their fans are happy he's not playing. A player who can hold off their pressing and complete a pass almost every time is solid gold vs a well pressing unit. It creates initial spaces, which are expanded by elite players like Messi. Now Messi will have to do everything on his own almost, with 3 defenders behind him.

I can only think that EV deemed Arthur too inexperienced for such a big game, as what you say is true. He keeps the ball and protects it, Vidal loses the ball but puts in strong tackles and covers more ground.

FinBarcelonafan

Vidal is the best bet for getting the ball back. He is a beast.

serghei

I can only think that EV deemed Arthur too inexperienced for such a big game, as what you say is true. He keeps the ball and protects it, Vidal loses the ball but puts in strong tackles and covers more ground.

That's just lame thinking. Man has played a lot of big games this season and confirmed his value. No reason to doubt him now.

Vidal is the best bet for getting the ball back. He is a beast.

I thought the plan was to spend more time controlling the ball and passing it, than getting it back from the opponent.

Home of Barca Fans