Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

BBZ8800

Hope we don't end up like Atlético.
If Messi can't score, we are basically fucked.
That's why this kind of cowardly approach and depending only on one or two players to score is always risky.

Messi can score
Suarez can score
Coutinho can scote

Rakitic can score a long range shot
Vidal can score

Alba and Roberto can score

messi2140

6racies Xavi
All I want to say is this: I fully accepted that Coutinho and Roberto would have started , but somehow this Madlad Valverde manages to outdo himself by benching our most crucial midfielder for Vidal ( who I actually dont mind playing. Let's just hope Barca can get a 1-0 win.

Zidane82

Hope we don't end up like Atlético.
If Messi can't score, we are basically fucked.
That's why this kind of cowardly approach and depending only on one or two players to score is always risky.

Especially when one of them is Suarez who has regressed again of late ...

He may have a wonder game against his old team or not ..

BBZ8800

Why this midfield Valverde why? Dominating the midfield is a must against Liverpool, playing Arthur is the most logical thing to do.
This ambition of not conceding at home will definitely cost us the game.

Raki played a World cup final
Vidal won 2 Copa Americas
Busi won everything

Add support from Messi, Alba, Bob and Cou.
You guys act as if we are dead without mighty Arthur, lol.

JedBanker

Their team is set up to collapse into a 4-4-2 when defending. Looks like its going to be Wijnaldum and Keita shutting down messi on the right with VVD sweeping up after them. Suarez better fucking play the game of his life for this.

serghei

Vidal starting is not bad, you lot act like he’s Milner.

He’s Barca’s best mid on current form, will match their intensity and avoid conceding an early goal. Then later in the game Arthur can come on against tired legs and help see the game out with posession.

He's an inferior player when controlling the game in possession to Arthur. Controlling the game and keeping the ball was always our best course of defense. He's sacrificed basically our main advantage over Liverpool.

He basically decided that what Liverpool do on the ball is more important than what we do. On the ball Arthur is better than Vidal. He is better at controlling the ball, resisting pressing, and passing. Basically the three most important aspects of possession game. Why would you keep a player like that on the bench in a must win game? Our best game this season was done with a Busi, Rakitic, Arthur midfield, away to Tottenham, a CL semifinalist.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

I am on the edge of my nerves.
Because of the game, because its rhe semi final...

And because I am 60km from my Tv and 35min from gamestart.
Fuuuuuuck

soul24rage

it'll be interesting how Liverpool plays without Firmino. Looking at Liverpool's lineup, I'm guessing it's a 3 man DF.

Home of Barca Fans