Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Flavius

Am I the only one who thinks we.ll win on Anfield? Messi with Dembele will kill them on counters. They will be much more open as yesterday. If we not concede in first 20/30 minutes then it will be awesome, cause they will come like a tornado.

ATLBarcaFan

What an amazing game, two heavyweights going at it. I'll be real interested to see how EV lines them up on Tuesday. IMO, Semedo and Dembele have to start. I know Dembele didn't play well yesterday in his 5 mins, but I think his pace could make the difference at Anfield, one goal for us and it's over.

soul24rage

For me, I hope Dembele starts in the 2nd leg instead of Coutinho. Liverpool will do everything they can to get that early goal so will press us high with a high line.

Despite his miss, Dembele has the pace to help us get out of Liverpool's press and the sooner we get that away goal, the better.

PhilS

No way Barca gets shut out at Anfield. Those big defenders look a lot better in the smash-mouth EPL than they do against the a high-skilled attack like Barca's. 2-2 next Tuesday, LP will show more quality but will be unable to bottle up Barca.

cro-man

Liverpool controlled the whole match and we couldnt match their pace and pressing as expected. Still we won with all our experience and messi. I guess we need to accept that we are not who we once were and need to adapt to the current squad. To think we can match their pressing and intensity is impossible with our ageing and slow squad.

Everyone wants us to play faster and more beautiful but thats not possible atm not until the next generation is on the field with more youth and pace. We can change the trainer day and night and none of them would make us look better especially getting better results. There are some young and faster players on the bencht but they lack experience and constancy.

I hope we can survive anfield somehow and win it one time more and give messi a reward for a brilliant year again. Well done.

kollegah

Anfield will be an easy cruise.
Best they will get is a draw, but I'm expecting a narrow win for Barca. Similar game to old trafford.

KingLeo10

How good would it be getting an early goal.. feet up and relax for the rest of the game.

We should just pile on the goals from start to finish if we get an early. Good way to make a historic statement and attack is the best defense. Plus, we have liga sealed and valencia are no match in copa.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
We haven't been great away from home in CL this season. Hopefully though since we have played them and more how they play in the flesh, I think we will be quite decent at Anfield.

Howlgrana

Liverpool didn't know what to do when Barca killed the speed of the game by playing out from the back and refused to lump it up field when Liverpool pressed Barca's defenders. Instead, calmly passing around their press and passing back to Ter Stegen to distribute the ball on the ground is what we need more of in Anfield as they will want to play the game at that brainless 100mph tempo.

Also, it's crazy how direct some of Liverpool's attacks were, like one long ball from their GK getting flicked on to lead to a strike on goal. I mean you literally can't get any more direct than that.

serghei

We haven't been great away from home in CL this season. Hopefully though since we have played them and more how they play in the flesh, I think we will be quite decent at Anfield.

Depends on how you look at it. Lyon and United had almost no chances to score vs us on their home ground.

If we defend well, and score a goal the tie is done. We don't even have to be that great to reach the final, just not terrible.

Havesaks

Line-up for away match:

ter stegen
semedo - pique - lenglet - alba
roberto - rakitic- sergio - vidal
messi- suarez

jairzinho

For me, I hope Dembele starts in the 2nd leg instead of Coutinho. Liverpool will do everything they can to get that early goal so will press us high with a high line.

Despite his miss, Dembele has the pace to help us get out of Liverpool's press and the sooner we get that away goal, the better.

This is what i'd go with even though he's a bit rusty right now. We need to setup to punish them on the counter.

Sitting back and letting them come at us in droves would be making the same mistake we made in Rome.

We can't afford to let them peg us back indefinitely and build any kind of momentum in front of their home crowd.

Home of Barca Fans