Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

xxxxxx

what is Messi going to say before next season? I really mean it this year

Don't put this on Messi. He played well tonight when he actually got the ball. He set Coutinho, Suarez and Alba for really good chances but they couldn't hit jack shit.

The other players kept losing the ball in the midfield..... Messi was the only one who looked like creating anything.

Potroh

Liverpool did great, but Valverde is now finished here. This was cowardly again from Valverde.

Be objective folks...
Liverpool was better in Camp Nou and better at Anfield.

With this coach, this much is possible, nothing more, unless Messi alone makes some wonders.

Barca would have been in a perfect and calm situation if someone scored a goal.
But at 0:3 and playing a sort of 4-3-3 to change back to 4-4-2 - exactly at a time when a goal needs to be scored - it is not just stupid, it shows that all this mediocre coach knows is very little.

Barca plays with the mentality of a mid-table team, and this is definitely the fault of the coach.
Unfortunately Valverde "achieved" that - apart from Messi - the present team is simply boring, predictable and dull.

Of course I think Valverde will stay - and that's the worst news in the long run...

booge

attack is the best form of defence. shoudl have copied madrid. just gung ho all the way. youll conceded 4 or 5 but atleast u get a goal

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Season ruined and definitely over for me now. Fuck the league and the copa. That’s not what we wanted after watching our rivals lift the CL three times in as many seasons. Embarrassed by supporting this club right now considering how weak they are mentally. They really must be a bunch of whipped men at home like I thought.

jairzinho

This is what i'd go with even though he's a bit rusty right now. We need to setup to punish them on the counter.

Sitting back and letting them come at us in droves would be making the same mistake we made in Rome.

We can't afford to let them peg us back indefinitely and build any kind of momentum in front of their home crowd.

THIS. Had to quote myself.
Scandalous stuff from Valgreen. We should be looking at potential coaching candidates as soon as the team arrives in Barcelona.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Be objective folks...

With this coach, this much is possible, nothing more, unless Messi alone makes some wonders.

But at 0:3 and playing a sort of 4-3-3 to change back to 4-4-2 - exactly at a time when a goal needs to be scored - it is not just stupid, it shows that all this mediocre coach knows is very little.

Barca plays with the mentality of a mid-table team, and this is definitely the fault of the coach.
Unfortunately Valverde "achieved" that - apart from Messi - the present team is simply boring, predictable and dull.

Of course I think Valverde will stay - and that's the worst news in the long run...

You assessment is spot on.

Howlgrana

Bright side lads is hopefully this starts a change in the way Barca play, obviously that's reliant on awful EV getting sent packing. New midfield with De Jong and Arthur, sell Countinho, Vidal, they're not Barca players. Relegate Rakitic to bench he's too old now to play a covering role for Messi in midfield.

But deep down we know this Barca team is not good enough to win the CL, I just thought we could get a lucky CL win like when Chelsea won it last...

JedBanker

According to ********* Valverde is also the 2nd highest paid coach too. I honestly cannot remember a more painful champions league exit than this. This is waaay worse than last year. People in this forum should send in their job applications for manager, or to play as a cf. Because apparently we are just accepting anyone into these roles.

xxxxxx

Be objective folks...

It doesn't matter if Liverpool were better at the Nou Camp and deserve a few goals. We had a 3-0 lead!!! You can't blow a 3 goal advantage 2 years in a row and expect to keep your job.

The only reason we've won the league is because every other team in the league has been shit. Valverde needs to go.

ArtistCatalunya

It's a shame! I can't believe what happened tonight.
But it's not a big big surprise, as this team is not really strong, not creative enough.
All we can wait for: is a magical move of Messi. If he doesn't save us, no one else will do.
This midfield is very very slow; with the duo Rakitic-Busquets together. Vidal is a big intense player but doesn't have the technique to hold the ball under pressure. We should have played Arthur instead of this "useless" Rakitic. I love Raki as a person, but sorry he adds nothing special to the team; I'm disgusted by this negative playing style with zero creativity and movement !
We literally played with 2 players missing: Coutinho and Rakitic add nothing to the team. And we can add Suarez who is very garbage now. How many UCL goals did he score in the last three years ? Even Benzema did much better.
Oh, I missed to add Valverde too. You play against a team which is missing three key players, which are very tired and they can still beat us that way ?? Why is our team so bad at the physical and mental level ?
And you play the whole game without a winger + no intensity at all ? No solution at all if Messi is sourrounded by 3-4 defenders? Where is the team-movement? Compare that with Ajax !
This is really a very very bad result for this team. But for the next season, I can see Frenkie DeJong as regular key starter (a must) instead of Rakitic (sell him please!). With DeJong and Arthur together we can break any opponent's pressure and dominate any midfield. We need also a good winger + a front-striker, not to be a bench-player like Boateng, but it should be an excellent player who can compete with Suarez and have more competition in this role; Suarez has proved that he cannot be the solution in big games when the team is blocked; and it's strange that our front striker cannot jump and score headers ! I'm thinking about buying a striker like Dzeko; we would have created a lot of big chances with Dzeko at the end of the game; he can beat defenders with his physicality, Suarez can't do shit !

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans