Champions League

Beast

The Observer
hahaha... well at least there is a record we can hold on to...remind me again how many CL's u got ;)

Beast

The Observer
well i hope in our life time .. Ka-Boom

you have a chance as i mentioned... whoever beats Pool .. its you/Chelsea or Bayern..

maz

I walk the line
Is that statistic true? About the winner of the last 6 years always beat the team that knocked u out..

Pretty amazing statistic if it is. Can u list the teams?

Beast

The Observer
Is that statistic true? About the winner of the last 6 years always beat the team that knocked u out..

Pretty amazing statistic if it is. Can u list the teams?

yes Maz its very true..and by default no team who beat Madrid in the CL can win the CL.. its our Voodoo jinx

last time Real won the CL was 2002
in 2003 Real lost to Juve in the Semi-Final, Milan beat Juve in the final & won
in 2004 Real lost to Monaco in the QF, Monaco lost to Porto in the final who won the CL
2005 Real lost to Juve in the 16th round, Liverpool defeated Juve (think in the QF ) and went on to win the CL
2006 Real lost to Arsenal in the 16th round, Barca beat Arsenal in the final and won the CL
2007 Real lost to B Munich in the 16th round, Milan defeated Bayern in the QF and went to win the CL
2008 Real lost to Roma in the 16th round, Roma lost to Man U in the QF and went to win the CL

now its 2009 Real lost to Liverpool in the 16 round, Liverpool lost to ---INSERT TEAM NAME--- and ended up winning the CL

so you can at least bet that Liverpool won't win it this year..

Beast

The Observer
that's the greatest possibility, the game between Barca & Liverpool (if both teams qualify ) will be clash of the titans ..however if Guus managed to sneak in i'll put my money on Chelsea winning the CL .. need to start raising money for my family summer holiday funded by Liverpool destroyers

Guardian

It's possible, Chelsea have some very experienced players, but they need to concentrate on the CL games and leave the contest for EPL. Just imagine another Chelsea-Man Utd final. Something tells me that the final will be a deja vu from previous years....Arsenal-Barcelona, Chelsea-Man Utd, Bayern-Man Utd. My friends think that the final will be a London derby between Chelsea and Arsenal, but I stick to Barcelona-Man U.

I am a traditionalist and believe in traditions, as the CL is a trophy for traditional teams. Villarreal, Chelsea and Arsenal haven't won the European cup or the cL so I take them away from my equation. Man Utd won it last year and they must be dropped as well, because no other team has won it in two consecutive years. Porto and Bayern are two traditional teams, but they are far from their best years. So only Liverpool are doomed by the Real Madrid bad omen, there is only one team left in my CL equation. Guess it!

maz

I walk the line
It's possible, Chelsea have some very experienced players, but they need to concentrate on the CL games and leave the contest for EPL. Just imagine another Chelsea-Man Utd final. Something tells me that the final will be a deja vu from previous years....Arsenal-Barcelona, Chelsea-Man Utd, Bayern-Man Utd. My friends think that the final will be a London derby between Chelsea and Arsenal, but I stick to Barcelona-Man U.

I am a traditionalist and believe in traditions, as the CL is a trophy for traditional teams. Villarreal, Chelsea and Arsenal haven't won the European cup or the cL so I take them away from my equation. Man Utd won it last year and they must be dropped as well, because no other team has won it in two consecutive years. Porto and Bayern are two traditional teams, but they are far from their best years. So only Liverpool are doomed by the Real Madrid bad omen, there is only one team left in my CL equation. Guess it!
Well said!

T

The Kop

If omens are anything to go by we should had won in Athens as well. Considering that United broke a recent omen of previous champions being knocked out in the first round the following year, I cant see why we cant break this particular omen either.

Home of Barca Fans