Champions League

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lucky draw for Madrid and Bayern. Madrid will face an exhausting and prone-to-injury Chelsea after traveling a long trip by bus from London to Madrid. Bayern will beat Villarreal without any suspense.

Only good thing is one of Liverpool and Bayern will get eliminated before the final.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lucky draw for Madrid and Bayern. Madrid will face an exhausting and prone-to-injury Chelsea after traveling a long trip by bus from London to Madrid. Bayern will beat Villarreal without any suspense.

Only good thing is one of Liverpool and Bayern will get eliminated before the final.

Absolutely not lucky. We have the toughest opponent of all teams you'd say are contenders. It's a good draw but nothing amazing. Similar to City but Atleti been in poorer nick this season so we got it toughest of everyone and could end up with toughest bracket of everybody if make it to the final

Bus trip is fantasy. They flew to Lille just sent less staff

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Absolutely not lucky. We have the toughest opponent of all teams you'd say are contenders. It's a good draw but nothing amazing. Similar to City but Atleti been in poorer nick this season so we got it toughest of everyone and could end up with toughest bracket of everybody if make it to the final

Bus trip is fantasy. They flew to Lille just sent less staff

The Chelsea squad was able to fly to Lille because that trip was already booked in advance, now the sanctions are in place fully and they are absolutely subject to the 20,000 pounds cap per trip. So unless they are allowed to pay for those trips out of some player's pocket which I doubt will be allowed, they have to travel by us, starting with this weekend's FA Cup game against Middlesborough.

Tuchel said it is not that they wanted luxury, traveling by bus on long trips will result in less ideal physical conditions for the players and make them more prone to injuries.

The only positive thing for Chelsea, as far as I can see, is perhaps the players now are extra-motivated to show the world that they can do. Chelsea itself is not the toughest opponent of all the teams in the quarters, being the reigning champions doesn't mean much. I'd rate Bayern and Liverpool and perhaps City ahead of them.

fergus90

Totally blocked out anything he did with Bayern because of how we battered them

Atleti in semis would be nice but don't think we'll make it past Chelski. Can count on Lukaku being shit but not much else. Maybe shenanigans to do with Roman will help

Chelski is a very tough draw, but i think your chances are improved this year with being back at the Bernabeu. Plus playing Alaba-Militao will be more suited to dealing with Chelski's pace too as Ramos looked very labored last season at Stamford Bridge.

If either you or Chelski are to win it, you'd have done it the hard way. Especially with your Ro16 draw too.

Morten

Chelsea is a good team, and just a bad match-up in general, they excel at dominating old and slow teams, like we are in midfield.

We are not lucky at all.

Andresito

Staff member

They're not travelling by bus lol. Absolute worst case, players chip in a bit themselves for plane tickets, Havertz talked about this even if it was in joking manner. I know I personally would to avoid a full day's trip by bus. Never happening.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They're not travelling by bus lol. Absolute worst case, players chip in a bit themselves for plane tickets. I know I personally would to avoid a full day's trip by bus. Never happening.

But they are, starting this weekend, aren't they? Unless some new development or changes that I am not aware of.

Andresito

Staff member
But they are, starting this weekend, aren't they? Unless some new development or changes that I am not aware of.

Not sure about their arrangements this weekend, I'd rather travel by train if I were them. But I'm 100% sure they are flying to Madrid one way or another.

El Gato

Villarato!
The Chelsea squad was able to fly to Lille because that trip was already booked in advance, now the sanctions are in place fully and they are absolutely subject to the 20,000 pounds cap per trip. So unless they are allowed to pay for those trips out of some player's pocket which I doubt will be allowed, they have to travel by us, starting with this weekend's FA Cup game against Middlesborough.

Tuchel said it is not that they wanted luxury, traveling by bus on long trips will result in less ideal physical conditions for the players and make them more prone to injuries.

The only positive thing for Chelsea, as far as I can see, is perhaps the players now are extra-motivated to show the world that they can do. Chelsea itself is not the toughest opponent of all the teams in the quarters, being the reigning champions doesn't mean much. I'd rate Bayern and Liverpool and perhaps City ahead of them.

They flew to Lille and will fly to Madrid. Not likely at all they will be forced to bus it, got a month to sort it out.

Not in any way is it lucky to draw them

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not sure about their arrangements this weekend, I'd rather travel by train if I were them. But I'm 100% sure they are flying to Madrid one way or another.

Agreed on the train part, traveling in Europe and many parts of Asia by high speed train is a very enjoyable experience, much better than taking the bus.

We will see then. Last time I checked, their plan is still to travel to Middlesborough by bus this weekend. And perhaps they could take the train to Madrid too (Eurostar from London to Paris and from Paris to Madrid, 12 hours in total). :p

Birdy

No they are not.
They will get annihilated by Tuchel.
Even in the 0.1% that they somehow qualify, Pep will take care of them.

Catta

One of the favorites will choke, most probably City against Atleti.

A repeat Real-Liverpool final looks most likely to me.

LFCB

It doesn't actually make sense how bad we have been in this competition for the past 6 years!
So we stroll past last 16 and then we have just been dreadful away from home. Why is that actually the case?
For years we've actually needed the away leg first or we know we are going out :lol:

If RM win again, I quit football!

Home of Barca Fans