Champions League

FinBarcelonafan

For anyone how didn't understand what happened tonight:

FPm9Z3vWUAUyuBQ

Atleti recorded 0.00 xG!!!!!
I can't remember any knock-out CL game with any team recording 0 since the metric was invented!!

City is the big favorite to win it, more than even after tonight's display!

Doesn't mean shite. 1-0 is a win for Atletico. Went exactly as they planned.

Temptation

Doesn't mean shite. 1-0 is a win for Atletico. Went exactly as they planned.

Well that's a very bad plan then.

Now, ATM have to score to get anything from the game and the moment they open up a bit City will pick them off in style.

If Simeone got a draw it would be a great result. But all this will do is force ATM to open up in the 2nd leg.

City's directness and counter attacks are underrated. When there's an opportunity they can be very potent and vertical. Pep has adopted over the years.

FinBarcelonafan

It's a sad and desperate strategy.

Worked for Real.

In the end, Atletico probably went from being a big underdog to only 1-0 down at home. If you look at statistics, being 1-0 down and going home, you have a good chance to go through. Of course, City much better team but Atletico should have 25-30% chance to go through here. That's not bad at all.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
We talking about Adama for 30m, we payed 31m for Trincao and huge money for Dembele. Meanwhile Liverpool got Luis Diaz for 45m and he hit the ground running.

At the same time Braga paid an inflated 8m for Abel Ruiz, so in reality those 31m are lower.

Temptation

Atletico clear favorites now. :lol:
Btw, that Fodan guy seems p. good. Some iniesta-like moves i would never expect from british white boi.

Foden is overrated. His playing style is very easy on the eyes but English media is hyping him as a future B d or winner which isn't true. Still very promising.

Also City are easily the favourites

Last edited:

MagIX

For anyone how didn't understand what happened tonight:

FPm9Z3vWUAUyuBQ

Atleti recorded 0.00 xG!!!!!
I can't remember any knock-out CL game with any team recording 0 since the metric was invented!!

City is the big favorite to win it, more than even after tonight's display!

absolutely shameful
fuck off ATM
The most paid coach Simeone....
and they played such a shameful football.. 5-5-0 or rather a 10-0, at some point they were 11 defending in their own penalty box

Temptation

Simeone makes Mourinho look like the most free flowing attacking coach ever.

This clown gets paid more than Klopp and Guardiola get combined.

Vladinho

Regarding the Busi replacement: my pick would be Nico, of course with the positional training needed and working on his body mass and passing. But I feel that he's the guy that can be molderld into that role the easiest from our current squad

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
That was shameful by Atletico yesterday. But let's be honest, if the score remained 0-0 (City didn't really create high-quality chances bar the goal), we would be praising Simeone for the "defensive masterclass", Cholismo and top-tier shithousing. I was kind of impressed with their defending in the first half at least, that was an elite bus. Simeone was clearly playing for 0-0, but he didn't succeed. It is a crime against football to play like that with the players and firepower he has, but it is what it is.

The score forces them to try attacking at home, at least, which they can do. The City defense can shit the bed as well, guys like Stones and Cancelo are prone to individual mistakes. Basically, the return leg is Simeone's chance to save face and show that yesterday's game was part of the plan.

El Gato

Villarato!
You've got to wonder why Cholo thinks he has an edge by virtue of the Wanda to try and force 0-0 away. I dont think City will be bothered by it.

Horatio

You're welcome
That was shameful by Atletico yesterday. But let's be honest, if the score remained 0-0 (City didn't really create high-quality chances bar the goal), we would be praising Simeone for the "defensive masterclass", Cholismo and top-tier shithousing.

Very true. In retrospect result will also be praised if he manages to overturn it in the return. Then "everything went according to plan".

Home of Barca Fans