Champions League

JamDav1982

If Pep is leaving then there is a chance. Lucho and Xavi could have a word. He could get back to playing in Spain. But would also see Real having a go, since they have to replace Cuntemiro.

Pep will be there for years yet but Barca def more appealing and playing with Spanish midfield and majority of frontline also could be appealing.

Does seem the player Xavi would want when Busquets leaves.

Iniesta Ultra

We stand more chance of Xavi finding a new random winger, who matches the profile he wants in his system (like Raphinha does for RW) than we do of a midfielder with Frenkie's intelligence and tactical awareness. You think it's a coincidence that Busquets is suddenly having a resurgence under Xavi? That's all Frenkie covering for him and Xavi's instructions and finally finding a place for Frenkie in our lineup, that fits him perfectly, at least for now. After Busquets is gone, some more changes will have to be made and possibly a new role for Frenkie, if we don't find a perfect Busquets replacement.

What is it Mbappe's confidence/arrogance? You're afraid he'll make Pedri feel small? Let's be honest here.

Personally not a fan of his RM/CR admiration and his celebration style but he's young and can calma his persona playing with Messi might've already helped in that regard too.

malvolio

Pep will be there for years yet but Barca def more appealing and playing with Spanish midfield and majority of frontline also could be appealing.

Does seem the player Xavi would want when Busquets leaves.

Thing is Xavi loves the 'juego de posicion' philosophy and Rodri would be the perfect Busquets replacement. So can see Xavi trying to get him than experimenting with likes of FDJ or Kessie at DM.

JamDav1982

Thing is Xavi loves the 'juego de posicion' philosophy and Rodri would be the perfect Busquets replacement. So can see Xavi trying to get him than experimenting with likes of FDJ or Kessie at DM.

I agree Xavi would want him. Has been discussed before Rodri to Barca.

Just not sure he would be in rush to leave or that Pep is going anywhere any time soon.

Jadentheman

What is it Mbappe's confidence/arrogance? You're afraid he'll make Pedri feel small? Let's be honest here.

Personally not a fan of his RM/CR admiration and his celebration style but he's young and can calma his persona playing with Messi might've already helped in that regard too.

Having ego is apart of being elite/world class. Even Messi has one. It when you have too much of it with nothing to show for it. Mbappe steps up when it matters with big teams and doesn't really belittle on the smaller opponents.

Iniesta Ultra

Having ego is apart of being elite/world class. Even Messi has one. It when you have too much of it with nothing to show for it. Mbappe steps up when it matters with big teams and doesn't really belittle on the smaller opponents.

I have no real issue with him and want him here more than anyone else right now. The Torres project annoys me.

OGbarca

Banned
Simeone's brand of football isn't pretty, when the results aren't coming, what are they left with from a match?

id contend that his style is long dead. his league last year is for me the consequence of a very lucky signing at exactly the right time (suarez) while both real and barca struggled uncharacteristically

atleti hasnt really done much since its last final against madrid, which it lost and, in my view, broke its winning psyche

Barcilliant

id contend that his style is long dead. his league last year is for me the consequence of a very lucky signing at exactly the right time (suarez) while both real and barca struggled uncharacteristically

atleti hasnt really done much since its last final against madrid, which it lost and, in my view, broke its winning psyche

Agree. Simeone should have left after that final. Football is a funny game though. Anything can happen in 90 minutes. Chelsea 2012 are proof of that. I kept waiting for them to lose and they won.

Home of Barca Fans