Champions League

FinBarcelonafan

Depends on who you want defending vs Vini. We've already seen what Vini does to Brazilian RB's who are close to 40.

Haha.

Without Walker City might actually go down. Holy crap. Real has the counters to kill City. Question is can their bad defense hold up? Courtois helps though.

If Benzema shows up it's game over for City.

Last edited:

Temptation

Walker might be out for City, lets see.

that one's a massive blow for City ngl.

Walker's insane recovery speed would neutralize Vini and isolate Benz among the CBs.

Without Walker I can see Vinicius doing the damage though. One thing is for sure, if you lot want anything out of this tie Vinicius has to do well in the final third with goals/final balls. Can't forget his shooting/assisting boots tomorrow!

Rassvet

Cancelo is out too from suspension so City would be quite weak at the fullback positions if Walker can't make it. They'd be stuck with Stones and Ake/Zinchenko as fullbacks which would hamper them quite a bit.

FinBarcelonafan

that one's a massive blow for City ngl.

Walker's insane recovery speed would neutralize Vini and isolate Benz among the CBs.

Without Walker I can see Vinicius doing the damage though. One thing is for sure, if you lot want anything out of this tie Vinicius has to do well in the final third with goals/final balls. Can't forget his shooting/assisting boots tomorrow!

I agree. This is a huge loss. Vini the annoying will cause trouble now. Walker can eliminate any threat from wing with ease.

Horatio

You're welcome
Immediately after the Atletico game I brought up the issue of Cancelo and Walker absence and if it would be a huge loss, but I was assured here Man City has squad depth. But now other people also starting to worry about the Walker absence? Don't do this to me guys...

Also the Jesus super hattrick is meaningless to me. Just as likely for me that he will turn out to be completely wasteful if he plays tonight.

FinBarcelonafan

Immediately after the Atletico game I brought up the issue of Cancelo and Walker absence and if it would be a huge loss, but I was assured here Man City has squad depth. But now other people also starting to worry about the Walker absence? Don't do this to me guys...

Also the Jesus super hattrick is meaningless to me. Just as likely for me that he will turn out to be completely wasteful if he plays tonight.

What scares me the most: How bad City looked vs Atletico when they started pushing them around. They looked helpless. For the last 45 min they couldn't play their game at all. I haven't seen City get dominated like that in years. The first bad signal there.

Second, Walker is so crucial to them (like said previously). He helps so much with their high line and is the strongest player in counters, because of his physical ability.

Third: Its Pep. He has been known as a choker in CL and his teams.

Fourth: Benzema is hot.

Fifth: Courtois is actually good.

I didn't believe Real had any chance a few weeks ago, but I am starting to see more cracks in City.

This will be very interesting series and I doubt it will be settled today, even if two-goal margin.

A few weeks ago I didn't believe Real had any chance, but they did play a much better series vs Chelsea than PSG. PSG was a bit of a fluke. Real learned from the first series vs PSG and played a much better away game vs Chelsea.

Real's weakness lies in defense and poor RB/LB. Mendy helps, if he is fit.

Last edited:

Temptation

Lemme put it this way: In no way are these absences deal breakers for City. They can still manage this tie. But the certainty there was that Walker would pocket Vinicius ain't there any more. I doubt any full back in the world is as effective against super fast attackers as Walker is. That is one of his only good Qualities.

Also Jesus is bang average and should be nowhere near the starting lineup. If Pep plays him it's because of some very specific tactical detail associated with Jesus' ability to press well.

Temptation

What scares me the most: How bad City looked vs Atletico when they started pushing them around. They looked helpless. For the last 45 min they couldn't play their game at all. I haven't seen City get dominated like that in years. The first bad signal there.

Second, Walker is so crucial to them (like said previously). He helps so much with their high line and is the strongest player in counters, because of his physical ability.

Third: Its Pep. He has been known as a choker in CL and his teams.

Fourth: Benzema is hot.

Fifth: Courtois is actually good.

I didn't believe Real had any chance a few weeks ago, but I am starting to see more cracks in City.

This will be very interesting series and I doubt it will be settled today, even if two-goal margin.

Few weeks ago I didn't believe Real had any chance, but they did play a much better series vs Chelsea than PSG. PSG was a bit of a fluke. Real learned from the first series vs PSG and played much better away game vs Chelsea.

Think you're worrying wayyyyy too much and being too paranoid. While what you said is a possibility I think chances are low.

I guess you have to trust Pep. I fancy Pep to mastermind a good tactical plan against Real. They don't have the mental block in CL semis anymore.

FinBarcelonafan

Think you're worrying wayyyyy too much and being too paranoid. While what you said is a possibility I think chances are low.

I guess you have to trust Pep. I fancy Pep to mastermind a good tactical plan against Real. They don't have the mental block in CL semis anymore.

Yeah, I am not saying Real is favorite in this series. I think City is definitely a much better team, but they seem to be trending a bit lower lately while Real seems to do pretty well and as long as Vini and Benzema are effective, they can beat any team.

Real has a bigger chance to win this series and the whole CL than a few weeks ago.

I truly hope Pep schools Real today, as Barca schooled them 0-4 a few weeks ago. That would be tasty..

Home of Barca Fans