Champions League

Fati_Future_BallonDor

To be fair he can't be blamed for his players missing numerous chances on top of the 4 they did score. He has made some mistakes in Europe but last night wasn't one of them.

Yeah some guys gives Pep the fault when his players miss chances :lol: Yesterday Pep played with no surprises and it worked. That Real scored 3 goals is just bad luck.

Temptation

I'm confused as to what I should want here.

City are a better team than Real Madrid and are hungry for their First CL.

Madrid are Madrid and have a special kind of legacy of winning finals in this competition.

Genuinely don't know what's better for Liverpool.

I'm inclined towards facing Madrid because of the 2018 revenge and on our day we can just outplay them in all departments but then they rise up to the occasion.

Hope this Madrid game leads City to drop points in the league for once.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Madrid are Madrid and have a special kind of legacy of winning finals in this competition.

I'm inclined towards facing Madrid because of the 2018 revenge and on our day we can just outplay them in all departments but then they rise up to the occasion.

Real would be easier i think, ofc Real has the experience on their side but it would Liverpool's third final in 5 years so they should be confident too. City was horrible last ucl final but im sure this time Pep's team would play completely different, with the beast Kdb!

FinBarcelonafan

City is way more likely to choke the final I think. They have choked in CL for years and then it becomes your nature and you end up like Barca. Just failing miserably every time.

As a Barca fan, I wish I could remove my memory of European games since 2016 CL season. It's been terrible.

Temptation

And there's the dilemma. The 2 differing opinions of my fellow posters Fati and Finny is exactly what's going through my mind.

Really can't pick one. Hope we just get the better of whoever we face.

soul24rage

As new supporters of the Vilareal team for this CL, Let's hope our team wins today

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION]

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]

[MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION]

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]

Edit: welcome to the Vilareal supporters list

Last edited:

serghei

In a final anything can happen, would fancy our chances there, even against Liverpool.

I still have a hard time seeing us progressing against City over 180 minutes though, can "clutchness" alone really take us to the final? Cause football-wise it's not really that close tbh.

Yes. City defenders are bad under pressure and with possessed Benzema and lightning fast Vinicius going at them all is possible. If Benz has a normal night you are done though.

Morten

Yes. City defenders are bad under pressure and with possessed Benzema and lightning fast Vinicius going at them all is possible. If Benz has a normal night you are done though.

Walker will be back, so Vinicius won't be getting those situations to run at the defense like he did yesterday.

I guess anything is possible if Benzema keeps converting literal half-chances though, but we do need a better defensive display in the return-leg, City are very good but sometimes we made it a bit easy for them to create.

Last edited:

serghei

Walker will be back, so Vinicius won't be getting those situations to run at the defense like he did yesterday.

I guess anything is possible if Benzema keeps converting literal half-chances though, but we do need a better defensive display in the return-leg, City are very good but sometimes we need it a bit easy for them to create.

Yes, both teams were bad in defense which made the game entertaining.

You also need a better output from Courtois.

El Gato

Villarato!
Walker will be back, so Vinicius won't be getting those situations to run at the defense like he did yesterday..

Vini didnt even get that many chances bar the dummy, can think of maybe 2 and they didn't really end in a good shot
Walker is definitely an improvement over the corpse of Fernandinho, but he used to get done by Vini in 2020 already too
Cancelo at LB is a bigger difference maker IMO, should give City a huge boost on the left. Not that Zinchenko didnt play well, because he did

But this is all too rational for RM games.
Normally this season all it takes is one ref flub, a VAR call or something else to unnerve the opponent and everyone at RM gets a boost while the other team chokes like champs

In the end could easily see RM in final on the back of current run of games, injuries, form, mental state and intangibles. Not playing well, but it's how cookie crumbles

Home of Barca Fans