Champions League

mc_lovin

If anything Peps failure to win the CL with City shows that even with a billion spent it's hard to get this style to work in cl.

Xavi has the right idea if you ask me. Real strikers, real wingers, pacy CB's and a technical midfield. Unlike Pep's clone army of AM's. We "just" lack quality for now.

And for all the money spend I look at the names of their team and I am not amazed or anything. You would think it would be a team full of legendary players like old Barcelona (~2009-2011), Real (~2016) or Bayern (2013). They barely have one. Pep somehow made a 2BE squad all about himself. I am pretty sure the team would look completely average with another coach.

But honestly... football bloody hell. Third absolute freak tie for Real Madrid in a row. Liverpool on paper looks less forgiving. Must be a first for Real not to be favourites in a final.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Real Madrid in cl is a different beast. People said Barca could have stopped them from winning cls between 16-18 if we would have met them in knockout stage as we had beaten them in league but yesterday match showed it's uncomparable.

Flavius

What a season for RM fans, this has to be the most spectacular season as a RM fan. I'm jealous of theirs comebacks but you can only respect their mentality, beasts.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

What a season for RM fans, this has to be the most spectacular season as a RM fan. I'm jealous of theirs comebacks but you can only respect their mentality, beasts.

never have seen a team with so many comebacks like them, yesterday was too crazy. Camavinga has been key player, he should win the golden boy award.

FC B

Once again elite mentality from Madrid. They simply have a different mindset to our pussies. Unbelievable. Down and out so many times yet they come back from the dead.

Yeah but they also have the tactical ability and the right type of players to do so unlike Barca.

mc_lovin

Yeah but they also have the tactical ability and the right type of players to do so unlike Barca.

I still have an incredibly hard time to attribute our recent misery to anything else than Bartomeu.

Not tactics, veterans or anything. You don't blow 500m on three players with every one of them failing and can expect to be successful.

malvolio

And for all the money spend I look at the names of their team and I am not amazed or anything. You would think it would be a team full of legendary players like old Barcelona (~2009-2011), Real (~2016) or Bayern (2013). They barely have one. Pep somehow made a 2BE squad all about himself. I am pretty sure the team would look completely average with another coach.

On the other hand he could have won 1 or 2 a la Chelsea or Liverpool in the last years. Those sides also lacked clear legendary players, like Barca, Real and even Bayern had.

FinBarcelonafan

Madrid adjusted. They added more legs with Valverde and Camavinga(spell?). Barca keep playing Busi who is obviously done.. Modric can still sprint with DeBruyne and Messi.

Vini and Benzema are just leathal on counters.

Great goalkeeper helps out too their weak defense. I don't rate Carvajal and Nacho at all or even Militao, all kinda bad. Defense is their weakness by far.

Imagine, Real doesn't sell Hakimi. Damn.

My point is: Barca underestimates the physical side of the game. You are not going to win CL with slow, physically weak, mentally weak yet semi talented team. It's never going to happen. It's terrible combination.

1. Better physical level is needed. Quickness, strength and top speed. If player can't be improved to certain level, move on. (Garcia..)
This is also problem of buying players. We are buying weak and slow players.
2. Play nastier. Look at how much you can get away in a match.. Casemiro made three scissor tackles and got no yellow. Stuff is unreal. Don't play like a pussy, if ref lets you play tough!
3. Learn to make a tackle and make fauls which benefit team.
4. Mental training. Be a mean bitch and don't collapse on first adversity.
5. No more nice boy attitude.
6. LB and RB must be the quickest players you have.
7. CBs need to have pace and quickness to defend counters, if not, sell. Playing high line without pace is the most stupid thing ever.
8. Wingers need to have pace! Ability to dribble past a player, cross the ball and finish chances.
9. Goalkeeper can't be weak like Stegen, mentally. Today Courtois saved real many times. Goalkeeper needs to be a leader. Goalkeeper with the CB should be the heart of the team.
10. Strikers can be different type. I would personally keep Luuk Luuk type for heading opportunities in case we are chasing a result and have to cross into box.
11. Team needs to be flexible tactically. We should be able to defend, counter and play possession. Every player should understand how to defend or at least how to defend their area. Basic defending needs to be taught.

I am not saying every player needs to be world class, but they need to have certain attributes together to make it work. Right now we have some positives but way too many players are just liabilities out there and it's costing us..

You can play possession game even with quick and fast players! You don't need to be slow and weak.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans