Champions League

mc_lovin

Yeah the players are the key, look at Carvajal yesterday, guy was running the show while Alba plays his worst match of the season in Anfield.

One thing Real does infinitely better than us is protecting their veterans with quality players/signings. While Pique had Lenglet, Roberto or Semedo next to him for example.

You can have the best mentality in the world, but when you have a few (quality) black holes in the first 11 there's nothing to be done.

FinBarcelonafan

One thing Real does infinitely better than us is protecting their veterans with quality players/signings. While Pique had Lenglet, Roberto or Semedo next to him for example.

You can have the best mentality in the world, but when you have a few (quality) black holes in the first 11 there's nothing to be done.

Yeah and these new signings didn't help with the weakness of old players. That's why Araujo is so great with Pique. He hides his inability to run or defend 1vs1.

Busi is too much of a black hole to cover in midfield though. Unless your whole team runs for it. (Spanish national team).

Temptation

Mo Salah on Twitter: "We have a score to settle"

Really hope Mo turns up in the final. Need your big players to step up in such games.

Luis Diaz is the secret weapon. Be it as a starter or off the bench. Doesn't seem to bother about big occasions from what I have seen.

Temptation

Ngl I'm terrified of the Vinicius Jr. Threat.

Big Virg plays as LCB so Vini wouldn't have to face him.

Konate is rapid and a brute so hope he can cover when Trent's caught forward in an RM counter. Matip will start though I guess(he's great but Konate better equipped to deal with Vini imho; wouldn't bet against Joel though). Fabinho great a reading the game but too slow for Vini.

If Robbo was an RB he'd pocket the Brazilian winger but alas!

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Ngl I'm terrified of the Vinicius Jr. Threat.

Big Virg plays as LCB so Vini wouldn't have to face him.

Konate is rapid and a brute so hope he can cover when Trent's caught forward in an RM counter. Matip will start though I guess(he's great but Konate better equipped to deal with Vini imho; wouldn't bet against Joel though). Fabinho great a reading the game but too slow for Vini.

If Robbo was an RB he'd pocket the Brazilian winger but alas!

😆 Relax, you guys got this. I'm predicting a big Liverpool win. Something like 3 or 4-1.

Real Madrid have definitely won the respect of alot of Barca fans though. People call them lucky but they make their luck. Always willing to absorb pressure and keep fighting. If this club had half of Reals mentality we would have won 2-3 more CL.

malvolio

This "Real is lucky" has to be one of the worst takes here on the forum. Mate if Real is "lucky" the past 10 years then Barca is just unlucky the past several years in the CL getting humiliated.

There is a degree of luck and refereeing decisions going your way to win this CL format, which is basically 6 KO games to reach a final for the elite clubs.

Thing is Real got there so many a times that you feel everything goes their way in most cases. They just can flip a switch and raise their level when it matters. This year they were on the back foot in all KO rounds but still managed to overcome the odds. FFS it's hard to even explain how they were dominated by PSG, Chelsea and City but still went through.

Curious as to how they would fare in the Super League type format.

Barcilliant

This "Real is lucky" has to be one of the worst takes here on the forum. Mate if Real is "lucky" the past 10 years then Barca is just unlucky the past several years in the CL getting humiliated.

Correct. They just have the nous and more importantly the mentality for this competition. They thrive on pressure and don't buckle under it like our soy boys. The CL is an obsession for the Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans