Champions League

Birdy

It was still a bad game. They got 2 lucky bounces, totally owned in the first half. I'd say fairly shitty game.

It seems like the first time ever Pep got lucky in a CL knock-out game?
And yet people are still winning about that?
When Zidane earns a living by being constantly 'over and above' lucky in all important CL games?

JamDav1982

Chelsea beat them in FA Cup but that was heavily rotated City side and they have now shown their hand of how will play for most part.

Would still have City favs if those two met in final. Decent odds favs.

serghei

On the contrary I think City are fine mentally. This is the first year they haven't crumbled under pressure. Last few years they shit themselves and concede multiple goals.

Feel the same. The first half is about as bad as it gets for them, and still kept close and PSG didn't look like running away with it. They are not an elite side imo (still one of the best currently), but show more maturity this time around.

eaman

I think city mightve been a little bit slow to get going because of Sundays final because they are better than psg. Do psgs fullbacks even get over the halfway line. Can't remember bakker anywhere but his own half

JamDav1982

Feel the same. The first half is about as bad as it gets for them, and still kept close and PSG didn't look like running away with it. They are not an elite side imo (still one of the best currently), but show more maturity this time around.

You had them as out and no chance of winning at HT....

serghei

The problem with PSG is that you can tell they rely on individuals. It's a galactico side, and these types of teams are known for mood swings during games. Too much Joga bonito ain't that great sometimes.

serghei

Quite the contrary, I said PSG not pressing them much was a bad approach. And City climbed over them in the 2nd half, and made their leaky defense fold over.

fergus90

PSG are overrated. Very good going forward in patches but under stress they buckle. You can bemoan flukey goals but one of PSG's star men(Mbappe) didn't register a single shot.

City were cagey first half but once they pressed higher and their full backs got further up the pitch they looked a level above. Dictated the pace, tempo and kept the ball well. A lack of a natural 9 means they lack some presence in the final third at times but still a very good side.

Home of Barca Fans