CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

In no way should Barça be considered favourites against Utd. Valverde is kryptonite and we are deprived of our superpowers with the Basque dwarf on the touchline.

Slevinn

Pretty sure Atletico will drop points before we meet them but I’m also sure that there is no way that EV will rest players against them.
And at the same time ManU will probably not play that weekend.

But its not a bad draw and we should beat them.

Total-Football

whatever you do .. just score there.. just score and loose if you want.. dont repeat past mistakes.. score there at least one goal and finish them in nou camp. they will be lost in that large pitch

jairzinho

The only concern for me is how weak and slow we are in midfield. Busi, Raki and Arthur are not the most athletic players. As far as technical ability we are far superior to them in every aspect.

khaled_a_d

The only drawback is that we will face Liverpool in the semis, if we go through. Would rather it have been Juve or City.

It could play in our favours if we beat Atletico and basically finish Liga, while Liverpool keep a tight race with City. But -as you said- still long time and plenty of matches for that

FinBarcelonafan

The only concern for me is how weak and slow we are in midfield. Busi, Raki and Arthur are not the most athletic players. As far as technical ability we are far superior to them in every aspect.

Exactly and this is where their opportunity lies. Martial, Rashford and Lukakau are licking their lips to run against our defense in counter. Not looking forward to that.

kollegah

Exactly and this is where their opportunity lies. Martial, Rashford and Lukakau are licking their lips to run against our defense in counter. Not looking forward to that.

united wont see much of the ball + all of those Manutd forwards have the finishing ability of vinicius

Flavius

Sorry, but if we are afraid of United.s counterattacking, what we.re gonna do against Liverpool which is 3x dangerous... We have better compartiments, that including GK, Defense, Midfield and Attack. Not underestimate them, but I.m very confident.

FinBarcelonafan

Sorry, but if we are afraid of United.s counterattacking, what we.re gonna do against Liverpool which is 3x dangerous... We have better compartiments, that including GK, Defense, Midfield and Attack. Not underestimate them, but I.m very confident.

Of course Liverpool is on different level but I was saying from tactical point view, I think that's their best chance.

serghei

Valverde's conservative tactics are good for United and Liverpool, two teams who don't play that well on the front foot. Issue is Manchester City for me, and we avoided them until the final. City are the only team with the attacking streght to overpower us. Liverpool and Juventus play a similar game to us. Liverpool are more energetic true, but we have better players.

Ernie ball works best against teams with less then great positional game. Liverpool is a top team, but their positional game when in possession is not something we wouldn't cope with. They are beasts in transitions, and Ernie is by default scared of us being caught exposed in transition, which is why we play defensive a lot of times against good teams. They also don't have big strong attackers, something we struggle with. Style wise, they are a team that could struggle against our current approach.

Key is to be able to resist pressure. We are on and off here. We have had success playing like that vs Madrid and Atletico, but also failed big time vs Roma with this tactic.

Last edited:

Sorin

Let's get past United first before worrying about Liverpool. We hopefully have had enough bad experiences over the last years to know not to underestimate any opponent. ManU are not the best team we could've faced but they're certainly better than Roma and we know what happened last year. Just need to stay focused, don't have these usual lapses where we let teams come at us for 15-20 minutes in every game because we don't soak up pressure that well and it's enough time to concede 1 or 2 goals if we're not careful.

Try to cut Pogba's time on the ball as much as possible because he's the one who can release Martial and Rashford on quick counters, the other not so much.

Target Young's side with Alba as much as possible, because he can make some rash challenges at times and with Alba's speed he can be caught flat footed and it's lights out at that point.

Also use Semedo ffs and not Bob, he has the physicality and speed to bother Martial or Rashford while Bob doesn't. To use a RW is wishful thinking by me so won't bother to mention the need for one.

serghei

Let's get past United first before worrying about Liverpool. We hopefully have had enough bad experiences over the last years to know not to underestimate any opponent. ManU are not the best team we could've faced but they're certainly better than Roma and we know what happened last year. Just need to stay focused, don't have these usual lapses where we let teams come at us for 15-20 minutes in every game because we don't soak up pressure that well and it's enough time to concede 1 or 2 goals if we're not careful.

Try to cut Pogba's time on the ball as much as possible because he's the one who can release Martial and Rashford on quick counters, the other not so much.

Target Young's side with Alba as much as possible, because he can make some rash challenges at times and with Alba's speed he can be caught flat footed and it's lights out at that point.

Also use Semedo ffs and not Bob, he has the physicality and speed to bother Martial or Rashford while Bob doesn't. To use a RW is wishful thinking by me so won't bother to mention the need for one.

Not sure at all they're better than Roma from last year, but I agree they can do damage, as any team left in the competition can if not treated properly.

Home of Barca Fans