CL Quarter Final: PSG - Barca 2-3

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Playing high against all that pace would be a terrible idea, have to drop back deeper.
I agree, we need to sit a little deeper than we normally do - but not in Stegen's lap and Raph, Yama, Cancelo and Gundo (and probably FdJ) need to be ready to move up quickly and be ready on the counter...

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I agree, we need to sit a little deeper than we normally do - but not in Stegen's lap and Raph, Yama, Cancelo and Gundo (and probably FdJ) need to be ready to move up quickly and be ready on the counter...
Yes. Low block does not immediately mean parking bus

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The middle way is the Scaloni way (y)

Xavi should re-watch the whole match of the World Cup 2022 Final to relive that masterclass performance.

That final was a top top performance from Argentinia, it's a mystery why some ppl still doesnt rate him as great coach at least

On the other site in 2018 Sampaoli showed how you should not play against Mbappe :benitez:

soul24rage

That final was a top top performance from Argentinia, it's a mystery why some ppl still doesnt rate him as great coach at least

On the other site in 2018 Sampaoli showed how you should not play against Mbappe :benitez:
Agreed, he has flaws, but there is no doubt that Scaloni is a great coach. He figured out the conundrum of facing Dembele and Mbappe on either flank with Messi who doesn't help much in pressing.

Let's hope Xavi chooses the right model vs those bums.

serghei

Both managers will set up the team properly in terms of tactics. It's mostly on the players to make a difference in this game, and keep an eye on the keepers. Neither team has a very reliable keeper in pressure games, so if one of them has a shit night where he lets in easy goals... the other team will say tank you very much. Let's hope it won't be ours if it happens.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Agreed, he has flaws, but there is no doubt that Scaloni is a great coach. He figured out the conundrum of facing Dembele and Mbappe on either flank with Messi who doesn't help much in pressing.

Let's hope Xavi chooses the right model vs those bums.

You wont believe me Soul but i was one of the first guys who said in 2019 when Argentina lost against Brazil that Argentina will win at least one title with Scaloni, the way how they controlled Brazil + the confidence of the players was something i didnt see even from Sabella's Argentina so im allowed to say 'called it' :ROFLMAO:

Neeraj

Even if Xavi doesn't go for a high line strategy per se, I feel like our default line in games is already too high. We need to be WAY deeper against PSG, for obvious reasons. This is one of those games I would happily take us playing boring, dry, side to side football. With Mbappe and Dembele up front, you're not going to get too much pressure on the CB's, and we can use that to relieve some pressure on the mids and get them some time.

Keep up the boring passing and over the 90 minutes opportunities and individual moments of skill will inevitably occur. Just don't want us to force the game.

Home of Barca Fans