CL Round 2: Barca - Young Boys 5-0

Porque

I think there is a CL win bonus to incentivize us too.

Always good to look down the list of results and see a big Barca win.

This league season is going to perceptually rank all of Europes top clubs. Sponsors and fans are going to want to see the big name clubs in that top 4/5.

Alik

Didn't quite get to enjoy this win after the Osasuna fiasco.
In hindsight you are always wiser, but he did absolutely right with starting the best available team tonight and rest players vs. Osasuna.

Had a bad start into the new CL format and a win was a must yesterday. Started taking players off early once result was safe.
The starting lineup against Osasuna was illogical. You don't swap out so many key players in an away match. Had plenty of better chances earlier in the season to rest players.

Loki

Find it curious why Flick switched to German in press conferences. He talked in English up until Osasuna
Some said yesterday he was tired talking in english, as he isn't good at it. Maybe he also thought he can express himself better in German. Another reason could be because of the Swiss opponent. Let's see if he continues in German against Alaves.
If I compare his conferences in English and German, as a German, I can say the quality of his expression in German is a lot better of course. This way we'll understand his thought process better, if he doesn't need to search for words in english.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think it’s simply a question of fatigue switching between languages, I don’t mind the German (unfortunately I understand quite little) but hope by next season he’ll be responding in Spanish

Of course, considering how weak his English is I am not super confident Spanish will be uttered much at all in press conferences

The good is that it prevents the entorno from creating too much unnecessary drama

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it’s simply a question of fatigue switching between languages, I don’t mind the German (unfortunately I understand quite little) but hope by next season he’ll be responding in Spanish

Of course, considering how weak his English is I am not super confident Spanish will be uttered much at all in press conferences

Found his English was good.
Yeah, don't think we'll hear him in Spanish either.

Daisymorr

I missed this game last night but just saw the highlights this morning.
Good confident response from the weekends loss.

Again scoring plenty of goals.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
After winning against Getafe 1-0 Flick said it's still 3 points. By this logic this is also just 3 points. Goal difference 7-4 in our favor in last two matches are still just one win and one loss.

Having said that he is doing way better than we expected and with these unprecedented injuries raining down on Barca.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Find it curious why Flick switched to German in press conferences. He talked in English up until Osasuna

tbh, some things you can easily say in german are not easy to say in english if you are not on Horatio-level english, thats why i can understand why he prefers to speak in german
I think for a Kloppo for example it doesnt matter german or english, guy speak both languages very well

Home of Barca Fans