CL Round 2: Barca - Young Boys 5-0

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What I like in his answers, even in what I find broken English, is precision - he says what he means, nothing more. So in German, I suspect there is even a keener sort of precision only German speakers will be able to appreciate - unfortunately, the rest of us can’t

Of course, I only recently made the connection Hansi is a nickname for Hans-Dieter too

MontenegrinCuler

In hindsight you are always wiser, but he did absolutely right with starting the best available team tonight and rest players vs. Osasuna.

Had a bad start into the new CL format and a win was a must yesterday. Started taking players off early once result was safe.
I agree with this. People here seem not to understand what a disaster it would be if we lost this match.

And despite YB being jackshit, with this highline they dont need much brilliance to walk in our goal. Just one run and pass and they're 1v1 on Pena. So we definitely had to unlock all of our offensive potential to crush them before they could make any goals.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
An anecdote from the local coverage of the match last night was that Suisse TV had a nice profile on Bologna’s Orsolini - I enjoyed that, atmosphere in Bologna looks mad

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We tore young boys a new one, didn't we?!
I think it should’ve been worse, I don’t think Barça ever got out of 3rd gear - which is why Flick looked the way he did on the touchline

I think YB are better than they have shown but equally Barça should’ve been able to batter them worse than they did

It’s a process, we don’t need to peak on October 1

behindbrowneyes

Didn't quite get to enjoy this win after the Osasuna fiasco.

The starting lineup against Osasuna was illogical. You don't swap out so many key players in an away match. Had plenty of better chances earlier in the season to rest players.
Hansi made a decision to rest key players and fact is a potential loss against Osasuna was more affordable than another loss in CL. In a perfect world you can play full force in both games, but we can see tonight with both Madrid teams or Bayern that winning against smaller teams is not self-evident. Of course all of their opponents are better than YB, but still.

I don't neglect that there have been better opportunities to rest players earlier in the season, but players where fresher back then and didn’t need rest as much. All of these injuries and lack of quality subs made it even more necessary to rest key players against Osasuna.

No one likes to hear it, but club coaches will be forced to sacrifice a game here and there to protect their players from fatigue and potential injuries. The amount of games is getting more and more crazy as we speak.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think Flick was afraid of putting players under pressure if they’d won 1 point out of 2 games in CL against 2 of the weaker sides.
Could snowball into disaster…maybe…

Home of Barca Fans