CL Round 3: Barca - Bayern

Who wins

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Kohessa

A tough match ahead, Barcelona could either win or lose, although I feel there's a good chance to win it (I will give 60/40). If the team wants to maintain a strong mentality for the upcoming games, it’s crucial to win matches like this one.

Loki

Hansi Flick:
"Bayern are playing great football with Kompany. They are brave and apply high pressure. It will be a tough match, but we are ready and we will try our best."
"We are ready for tomorrow. The games can go this way or that way, a lot can happen. For now, we are only thinking about Bayern, not Madrid. We go game by game."
"My team wants to test itself against the best opponents. It will be a great game against Bayern."
"Will Frenkie de Jong start? The plan was for him to start against Sevilla, but he felt some discomfort. We are happy to have him now, he's available. We will see."
"Barça - Atlético Madrid happening in the USA? I am a person who lives in present and that's a talk about future, so my full focus for now is on Bayern."
"What happened in past against Bayern doesn't matter now. We want to be well prepared to win tomorrow."
"Bayern are special to me. They are an excellent club, but now I'm here at Barça. The fans give their all to support us and it forces you to do your best."
"Will the high-line against Bayern and Madrid prove risky? Every coach has different ideas that he wants to implement in the game. We may not be perfect, but we always strive to improve. We understand that with attacking, we also have to defend well."
"What will you say to youngsters like Casadó if he plays a big game like tomorrow? What do you mean 'if he plays'... He has been doing great. He's very motivated and always trying to improve, which I like. He follows our orders well during matches."
"Gavi coming on, the stadium chanting his name, Pedri giving him the captain’s armband.... It was all pure goosebumps."

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Bayern comes out guns blazing in the first 20min. We have to be especially careful that time, and they do drop off around the 65th min.
The game will be defined by who can resist and counter each other's press.
Kompany's pressing system is quite aggressive, we need proper press resistant players in the middle. Pedri- Casado and Olmo.
My only fear is Pena while we are being pressed. I see him making mistakes and costing us dearly. I am more afraid of the press than the high line. Won't be surprised to see if he just boots it out most of the time.
With Musiala and Pavlovic out or not starting, their midfield is a bit worse than us, with Muller in CAM. Paulinha seems to be better when off the ball. And having Kimmich in DM means RB will be Guerreiro, their RB position will be a lot weaker.
Davies is an excellent player, but his kryptonite seems to be players who dribble and have that shimi shimi in them, exactly the player Yamal is.
Let's see how Kounde deals with Gnabry. He should be able to. But that's 50/50 for me.
Now the problem is Olise, and how we deal with him. Inverted winger and fast. I have faith in Inigo and Pedri. But lets see.

My starting lineup will have Olmo in it. Imo we need that midfield overload while having solid ball resistant players. But it looks like it will eather be Fermin or Ansu. 😬

If we can nullify their flanks we should be winning easily.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Honestly speaking I am more excited about this match than the Classico.

I hope Flicks starts our strongest 11, with Olmo in it.

Loki

When u remember that you face now your sextuple coach:

GafzbBXWAAAGsns

Porque

If Frenkie is ok we may see Frenkie-Casado with Pedri moved forward.

Pedri to drop back with Olmo or Fermin coming in for Frenkie when his ankle gives up. Could be minute 65. Could be 65 seconds.

Home of Barca Fans