CL Round 3: Barca - Bayern

Who wins

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

TemporaryFan

I am temporaryFan but this game gets me going, I already feel the vibe.
IMO Big Woj should start... They can split; Pena in the Liga until after he royally fucks up...big Woj in CL...to boost his morale too.

Dang... can't wait ..

Look at me bored and idling; waiting on that beer load dock assignment...killing time...but I should be home by Wednesday afternoon, ready, with beer and Marlboro red ...he, he, 🫡😉

20241021_131842.jpg

Porque

While the format is still 8 games long and this is only MD3, you don't really want to be going 1-2 so early. Both ourselves and Bayern will already have two losses if either lose Wednesday.

I wonder if the big teams will start to look at a fixture such as this more pragmatically? Kompany more so then us, with home advantage.

This could play into our hands if Bayern decide to approach this conservatively.

BusiTheKing

Their attack is two or three classes above than anything we've faced so far this season. Would be surprised if we don't concede at least two. Need to strike early and take control of the game.

Temptation

I do think Kane has more to his game but that's because I am partial to strikers who drop deep, link play and pass out to wingers. And Kane is one of the very best passing number 9s I have seen.

Lewy is 36 now but he was extremely complete and well rounded in his peak.

I'm 100% sure you didn't watch Bayern week in week out so kindly check out this entertaining video highlighting his all round game, skills, hold up, link up play, etc.

Kane is indeed the better long range passer though.

Maradona37

Lewy is 36 now but he was extremely complete and well rounded in his peak.

I'm 100% sure you didn't watch Bayern week in week out so kindly check out this video highlighting his all round game, skills, hold up, link up play, etc.

Did you watch Bayern every week? It's doubtful. Unnecessary comment.

Also, YouTube videos are designed to only show the good parts of a player's ability, and omit the poor.

Nevertheless, I never disputed he had a very good all-round game. My main point is that his passing was never as expansive as Kane's, as anyone with eyes knows is true.

Temptation

Did you watch Bayern every week? It's doubtful. Unnecessary comment.
You get offended too easily. It's simple. I know you're not a Bundesliga fan and don't watch Bayern week in week out. It's not intended to be a disrespectful comment. Just a factual one.

Also, YouTube videos are designed to only show the good parts of a player's ability, and omit the poor.

Nevertheless, I never disputed he had a very good all-round game. My main point is that his passing was never as expansive as Kane's, as anyone with eyes knows is true.
It gives you an idea of how technically gifted a player is and if he can pull off sequences that require a great amount of skill.

And yes, Kane is probably the best long range passer out of all the elite strikers.

Maradona37

How do you know I am 'not a Bundesliga fan'? Don't assume things about me when you barely even know me. I respect German football a lot. If I don't watch it very often it's because of getting older and increasing laziness/disillusionment with football, not because I think it is pish. It's a very good league, as are Serie A and La Liga, other leagues I can't be bothered watching much in my middle age. But I still know they're full of quality players and teams.

Also, you didn't clarify if you watched Bayern every week back then.

It does give you an idea, but YouTube videos are still flawed ways to look at players. Either way, it seems we agree - Lewa had an excellent all-round game in his prime, but Kane is a fantastic long-range passer.

Maradona37

And my comment was more about you attempting to position yourself as 'more informed' on the matter (hence disregarding my viewpoint) due to you watching Lewa and Bayern much more than I did - an implied claim that I am suspicious of.

I have seen more than enough of Lewandowski over his lengthy career to be aware of what type of player he was.

Home of Barca Fans