CL | Round 5: FC Barcelona - SL Benfica 0-0

delancey

The lineup: Ter Stegen, Piqu?, Ara?jo, Lenglet, Busquets, Frenkie de Jong, Gavi, Nico, Memphis, Yusuf and Jordi Alba

Source: Juan Marti

Edit:3-4-3

Bobo32

Yeah then it will be that system I read Xavi used in Qatar. Let us see how it works in the mighty CL!
I'd much prefer Frenkie as a defender and Mingueza too, and I'd like to see Riqui start. Not the way I'd set up the team at all! But nevertheless it will be VERY interesting to see!

Porque

So who is right wingback/pseudo-whatever?

May I suggest

---- Ter Stegen ---
--Araujo-Pique-Lenglet--
Frenkie ----------------Alba
----Gavi-Busquets-Nico---
------------Demir-----------
------------Memphis------

Anyways it could very well switch to (or be) a 433 easily, with Araujo at RB. But not really the time for bold moves. Very... KoeSetien

Last edited:

Bobo32

Please no goddamn back 3

I never really saw Barcelona play it, maybe once or twice under Pep, and before that it must've been under Cruyff?
(Koeman obviously played a back 5, there were next to no difference in the way Alba or Dest played with two or three inside)

Will be interesting to see, I think Alba might benefit from playing as a true winger, maybe Demir can play well from there as well, in an even more limited role.
I just think that both Lenglet and Araujo are too poor in buildup, I believe Xavi is really playing a high game here, Benfica might destroy Barcelona completely.

Home of Barca Fans