CL | Round 5: FC Barcelona - SL Benfica 0-0

Andresito

Staff member
Don't like Araujo at RB but I'd much rather play 4-3-3 with him RB than having Demir as RWB in a 3-6-1

Porque

Either it is this, which I believe:

Araujo-Pique-Lenglet
Busi-de Jong
Nico-Gavi
Demir-Depay-Alba

Or it must be Araujo then taking the RB...

Have we considered Araujo might be ST :lol:

Frenkie-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
-----Gavi-Busi-Nico-----
---Demir-Araujo-Memphis-

Porque

Anyways. Beat Benfica and we are through with Bayern away to spare.

If the team can't be motivated for them and put 100% for 90 minutes then they might aswell close Camp Nou for the rest of the season and have the B team play their games.

Tonight is not really about selection or formations but character and effort. Even if it does look a bit dubious on paper.

Bobo32

Have we considered Araujo might be ST :lol:

Frenkie-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
-----Gavi-Busi-Nico-----
---Demir-Araujo-Memphis-

Haha. I like it more than the one I posted I must say.
My main concern is in buildup, I think the double pivote worked pretty poorly for Barcelona before, but I think too that Lenglet and Araujo are too poor on the ball to be in these positions, where they got a lot of the ball under Koeman, with the task of breaking the first press.
I wonder if Xavi has been able to correct movements and positions in the team well enough already, so to make sure the worst players doesn't get to see most of the ball...
I think Barcelona either dominates completely, and then everything is fine of course, or they might be pretty embarrassed tonight.

JamDav1982

Fuck knows what formation will be with those players.

Maybe Gavi/Nico right of a midfield four and Demir with Nico/Gavi both at AM behind Depay.

delancey

It could be a 4-3-3 as well, with Araujo at right back and Gavi, Memphis and Demir up top. 🤷*♂️

Gari

FE5mqV0XIAI1K5C

Bar?a bench: Inaki Pina Neto Murara Sergi?o Dest Oscar Mingueza Samuel Umtiti Eric Garcia Alejandro Bald? Riqui Puig Philippe Coutinho Ousmane Dembele Luuk de Jong

JamDav1982

It is probably a 3-4-3. Why is Garcia on the bench, injured, or just rotated?

Has to be really unless Araujo is right back.

Could be the 3223 formation Xavi had up on his board when first arrived. Which would be Alba and FDJ as wingers more or less and Gavi/Demir AM with Busi/Nico DM.

Unless he sees Demir as wide player and taking width.

Def looks like a 343 and from there more or less guess work how team will be set up.

Birdy

Twitter users who followed Xavi at Qatar say it's a 3-2-2-3 with
3 CBs
2 pivots
2 interiors
2 wide players (Demir and Alba in this case)
and 1 attacker

Hate that the twat Pique starts ahead of Eric, but at least I like that Xavi surprised us

Home of Barca Fans