CL | Round 6: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 3-0

Porque

I think we are playing with 352, Dest and Alba as RWB/LWB
Dembele and Depay will be free attackers

Yep, it seems proper Koeman-ball, and probably the best approach we can muster.

Only funny thing with all this is the media stories of Laporta not wanting Koeman to play 3 at the back. Obviously not true, but funny how the media wanted to push that agenda before and here we have Xavi initiating his reigns playing 3 at the back in big games. And not a peep about it.

ajnotkeith

Only funny thing with all this is the media stories of Laporta not wanting Koeman to play 3 at the back. Obviously not true, but funny how the media wanted to push that agenda before and here we have Xavi initiating his reigns playing 3 at the back in big games.

Xavi is experiencing the same issues Koeman experienced. People want to deny it but they existed, easy for someone to look in on the outside and complain about formations and positions but this is what we get with the players and quality we have. Is what it is.

FinBarcelonafan

Only funny thing with all this is the media stories of Laporta not wanting Koeman to play 3 at the back. Obviously not true, but funny how the media wanted to push that agenda before and here we have Xavi initiating his reigns playing 3 at the back in big games.

You could add to your signature:

2017 - One night in Paris or like the movie 1 Night In Paris

lol

JerseyAddict

What a disrespect from ManUtd towards YB. That lineup. Total shit. In the meantime Bayern fields all guns out.

That's the difference.
I hope YB slap them again like in 1st round

FinBarcelonafan

What a disrespect from ManUtd towards YB. That lineup. Total shit. In the meantime Bayern fields all guns out.

That's the difference.
I hope YB slap them again like in 1st round

Yep and every time we had no pressure match we played reserves. Freaking Bayern. Cocky *******.

No wonder nobody likes them outside of Germany.

JerseyAddict

I can't believe Zenit snatched a point from Chelsea.

Bayern Chelsea would be a nice pairing.
Or Bayern PSG.
One fucker less.

ajnotkeith

Bayern have placed a stupid lineup, although it looks 'scary', it is incredibly unbalanced and the defense will be bad, leaving us holes to exploit.

It is winnable. Maybe 10-20 percent chance but it's possible.

Bobo32

Only funny thing with all this is the media stories of Laporta not wanting Koeman to play 3 at the back. Obviously not true, but funny how the media wanted to push that agenda before and here we have Xavi initiating his reigns playing 3 at the back in big games. And not a peep about it.

A few very disappointing decisions from Xavi so far. I criticized Koeman for this type of lineup, but let's see how it looks under Xavi before being too heavy on the critique - I mostly gave Koeman the benefit of the doubt before the games as well. Let us hope that Xavi gets his players to press high and dominate the ball on that snowy pitch, if he plays the formation as passively and defensively as Koeman often did, I won't have anything nice to say.

Unrelated, but take a look at Frenkie de Jong on the goals in that classic 8-2 game: https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1468521232622501890

serghei

Lenglet-Pique centre back pairing is the worst pairing in any top 4 team in any of the decent quality leagues. With Mats behind them, Busquets in front and crybaby Alba to the side we?re basically begging them to destroy us. If we?re hammered tonight Xavi truly is a fucking moron.

What does Xavi have to do with the fact that this squad is low budget?

FinBarcelonafan

A few very disappointing decisions from Xavi so far. I criticized Koeman for this type of lineup, but let's see how it looks under Xavi before being too heavy on the critique - I mostly gave Koeman the benefit of the doubt before the games as well. Let us hope that Xavi gets his players to press high and dominate the ball on that snowy pitch, if he plays the formation as passively and defensively as Koeman often did, I won't have anything nice to say.

Unrelated, but take a look at Frenkie de Jong on the goals in that classic 8-2 game: https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1468521232622501890

Its brutal to watch that video. We got schooled like eight times. Absolutely schooled. Defending is sooooo weak it's embarrassing.

Home of Barca Fans