CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
MD's prediction of Bayern's starting XI and formation:

3-3-2-2

Img412362799.jpg

If they play 3-5-2 then I think Pep would play Martinez instead of Rafinha, but since he isn't fully fit it's very unlikely.

Kohe321

Tito DID coach Barca against Bayern.

In fact, there is not a big enough facepalm smiley for this.

Do you HONESTLY believe that Tito had the strength to do any preparations worth much before this tie? Do you honestly believe the players were not completely shaken emotionally from what was going on with him? If you're not joking, I can't believe you're seriously trying to undermine this.

Dude, this is my exact point with most Bayern fans I've met since. A bucketload of arrogance mixed with a complete lack of respect and ability to even recognize the situation Barca was in.

You guys were a tremendous team in 2013, but don't let that victory over Barca fool you to think you were THAT strong as these games made you seem. We all saw how you struggled against Dortmund in the final - that game was more descriptive of your total strength that year. You were better and won fair and square, but not the worldbeater you guys seem to like to remember yourselves as.

But it makes sense that you have to make Barca seem stronger than what they were, after all your whole "we were juggernauts" thing doesn't really work if you were to realize that the 7-0 was against a severely weakened Barca.

xavi_the_Boss

We would have lost anyway in 2013 even if we were fully fit.We conceded to many Goals that season even against bad Teams like Deportivo and Mallorca.
Bayern was just much better that year.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

In fact, there is not a big enough facepalm smiley for this.

Do you HONESTLY believe that Tito had the strength to do any preparations worth much before this tie? Do you honestly believe the players were not completely shaken emotionally from what was going on with him? If you're not joking, I can't believe you're seriously trying to undermine this.

Dude, this is my exact point with most Bayern fans I've met since. A bucketload of arrogance mixed with a complete lack of respect and ability to even recognize the situation Barca was in.

You guys were a tremendous team in 2013, but don't let that victory over Barca fool you to think you were THAT strong as these games made you seem. We all saw how you struggled against Dortmund in the final - that game was more descriptive of your total strength that year. You were better and won fair and square, but not the worldbeater you guys seem to like to remember yourselves as.

But it makes sense that you have to make Barca seem stronger than what they were, after all your whole "we were juggernauts" thing doesn't really work if you were to realize that the 7-0 was against a severely weakened Barca.

What?
I merely corrected your initial claim, which simply put, was wrong. I didn't insinuate anything by what I said.

Also, that new claim you make, that Bayern vs. BVB showed how "strong" or "not strong" Bayern were, is just false. BVB - Bayern in that time is not a fair comparison at all. BVB had been Bayern's kryptonite for years and it took monumental effort to finally turn it around, not to mention that Bayern only struggled for the first twenty minutes, but completely controlled BVB the rest of the match, Dante karate kick notwithstanding.

Last edited:

serghei

Barely anyone in 2013 said Barca were in the middle of a hard time. The full credit went to Bayern and most Barca supporters were upset with the team and not looking for excuses at all.

Bayern deserved it and would have comfortably beat a fully fit Barca that season in my opinion.

Exactly. We didn't try to minimalize a Bayern win prior to the game and we didn't do it after the game either. We didn't even complained that much about Kassai, who should have denied Bayern 2 of the 4 goals, even 3 if we take into consideration Dante's foul on Alves. We had no coach for half that season, Messi not fully fit, a rookie CB in Bartra, some horrific calls in Bayern's favour (it was 3-1 for Bayern in major calls) several key absences in defence, and we still din't bitch like Bayern's fans do now. And what's even more crazy is that they are whining BEFORE the game even started.

Last edited:

spark

I was reading through the pages 61-62 where you guys are counting and comparing the number of injuries trying to measure who had the worst situation, and I was shocked not to see Tito mentioned at all. Playing without a coach is a big deal, let alone when he's also a dear friend battling cancer.

And this is precisely why I think so many Barca fans have become angry with Bayern and the level of tasteless arrogance they showed that time. There was a lack of class in victory from you guys. Your fans turned their backs on the game and jumped and sang, your players were completely without humility in the post-match interviews, Muller laughing when he explained to Robben how he had fouled Alba as they were walking off, etc etc. The celebration of the victory was, in my opinion, in poor form.

This is not behaviour you would see from Barca if the tables were turned, I can guarantee you that. And that is where the anger stems from.

I know exactly what you mean. Heynckes was one of the few people that behaved with any dignity during and after that tie . Which is probably why he was invited to and attended the funeral a year later. That type of class is rare though so I wouldn't expect any better from cunts like Muller and Robben etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am still worried about our midfield of Busquets, Rakitic and Xavi/Iniesta being overran by their 5-men midfield and intense pressing

Home of Barca Fans