CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Kohe321

I don't get that when we're talking about our injuries during the 2012/13 season, no one mentions perhaps the biggest loss of all: our coach, and not only coach but dear and longtime friend of most of the squad, was sick with cancer. This had an enormous effect on how we played, the emotional toll on our players was really big.

Also, everyone knew our tactics back then became more and more Messi-centric as the season went on, and he was injured in our previous match. The fact that he played one game is irrelevant, he was barely moving in that one.

Yannik

I don't get that when we're talking about our injuries during the 2012/13 season, no one mentions perhaps the biggest loss of all: our coach, and not only coach but dear and longtime friend of most of the squad, was sick with cancer. This had an enormous effect on how we played, the emotional toll on our players was really big.

Also, everyone knew our tactics back then became more and more Messi-centric as the season went on, and he was injured in our previous match. The fact that he played one game is irrelevant, he was barely moving in that one.

noone mentioned it? I'm sure that a tragedy like this has been mentioned 2 or 3 times before, during and after that game.

serghei

True. Everybody and their dog knows Bayern beat a confused Barca in 2013... except Bayern's fans.

Yannik

True. Everybody and their dog knows Bayern beat a confused Barca in 2013... except Bayern's fans.

Of course they do. Everyone knows that.
Seriously, Barca was limited in 2013, Bayern is limited in 2015 (and also was heavily in 2009 already)
Bayern fans complain about it now, Barca fans complained about it back then.
But according to you its shit that Bayern fans complain, while you also find it shit that Bayern fans didnt show empathy when Barca was in a disadvantage. Kind of a double-moral here. I dont get why you all are so heavily obsessed with excuses this or that, since both fan-sides did that respectively and are basically "even" now. We should rather focus on the match, than the forum fightings.

xavi_the_Boss

I don´t care about all their whining.Just look at their Team.Even with all their injuries they can still field a WC Team that is on par with anyone left in the semis because of their depth.

JamDav1982

Seriously, Barca was limited in 2013, Bayern is limited in 2015 (and also was heavily in 2009 already)
But according to you its shit that Bayern fans complain, while you also find it shit that Bayern fans didnt show empathy when Barca was in a disadvantage. Kind of a double-moral here. I dont get why you all are so heavily obsessed with excuses this or that, since both fan-sides did that respectively and are basically "even" now. We should rather focus on the match, than the forum fightings.

Barely anyone in 2013 said Barca were in the middle of a hard time. The full credit went to Bayern and most Barca supporters were upset with the team and not looking for excuses at all.

Bayern deserved it and would have comfortably beat a fully fit Barca that season in my opinion.

Kohe321

noone mentioned it? I'm sure that a tragedy like this has been mentioned 2 or 3 times before, during and after that game.

I was reading through the pages 61-62 where you guys are counting and comparing the number of injuries trying to measure who had the worst situation, and I was shocked not to see Tito mentioned at all. Playing without a coach is a big deal, let alone when he's also a dear friend battling cancer.

And this is precisely why I think so many Barca fans have become angry with Bayern and the level of tasteless arrogance they showed that time. There was a lack of class in victory from you guys. Your fans turned their backs on the game and jumped and sang, your players were completely without humility in the post-match interviews, Muller laughing when he explained to Robben how he had fouled Alba as they were walking off, etc etc. The celebration of the victory was, in my opinion, in poor form.

This is not behaviour you would see from Barca if the tables were turned, I can guarantee you that. And that is where the anger stems from.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
MD's prediction of Bayern's starting XI and formation:

3-3-2-2

Img412362799.jpg

R

Ryu Hayabusa

+1

JamDav1982

I don´t care about all their whining.Just look at their Team.Even with all their injuries they can still field a WC Team that is on par with anyone left in the semis because of their depth.

Yip, cant think of any squad in the world that has as strong back up players as Bayern.

They will still be very strong and it will be a close tie either way.

Plenty of teams have won with multiple injuries, the best teams can cope.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I was reading through the pages 61-62 where you guys are counting and comparing the number of injuries trying to measure who had the worst situation, and I was shocked not to see Tito mentioned at all. Playing without a coach is a big deal,

Tito DID coach Barca against Bayern.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
And 1000 posts already :lol:

The build-up to this game is insane, I hope my heart can take it.. wednesday can't come soon enough!

Home of Barca Fans