CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

FCBayern

Bayern fans are scared and getting excuses out of the way ahead of time.

Remember bayerns massive catastrophic crisis is a big deal. When they beat us before it doesn't matter that a player and manager had cancer, we had several injured players etc.

As far as I remember you had almost the entire squad. You could argue that Messi was not 100% but he was there playing. That game was won on tactics, Bayern had it right and you not. I agree that the result 7-0 can happen and did not reflect at any case the difference between two teams, but who is excusing now? Get over it and focus on the upcoming game. Scoring 0 goals in 180 minutes against Bayern or any team, hardly gets you through no matter what excuses you have. If it had been a close result then yes you could argue that you missed this and that. But the truth is in 2013 Barca got totally outplayed.

Same happened to Bayern last year vs Real. You could say that 5-0 is a demolition bla bla, although the result did not reflect the quality difference between these teams. What happened is that Pep had it wrong and Ancelotti had it right, they outsmarted our tactics and were ruthless. It hurts but that is football. Yes, we could also say that these were the same players from 2013, or even stronger then the team that outplayed one of the most expensive Madrid team of 2012, that Pep was mourning the death of Tito and was not focused, as that guy wrote on his book etc, but at the end Bayern didn't deserve to go through based on what they produced, same goes for you in 2013.
I don't think players will approach this game as a revenge, although they will kill Bayern if such possibility arises during the game. Let's see. At the end, despite we miss Robben, Ribery and Alaba, we are not preparing ourselves for any loss or catastrophe. So no excuses. Even if we are weakened by injuries I still believe Bayern have all what it takes to do harm, At the end it will depend on tactics and physical form of players on the day. And that is to be seen. The pressure is on you, as the heavy favorite. But please name another team in the planet that has such a positive record against you in CL, and even won 3 out of 4 clashes in Nou Camp. So treat Bayern with more respect or discount it at your own peril.

FCBayern

I don't think Bayern has what it takes to defeat RM in a final with modric bale and benzema back, they are basically build to destroy possession based football, we'll have to take care of everything ourselves, no two ways about it.

A final is a 50-50 game no matter who plays!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why argue back and forth about what happened in 2013? Let's focus on how to beat Bayern in 2 legs in 2015 please.

FCBayern

I like to believe I'm moderately biased in my opinions towards Bayern. You in turn, are extremly biased in your opinions about Bayern and Barca, just like StarLord.
Marcelo and Rodriguez are good LBs, no doubt, but IMO not the same level as Alaba. Uncle Perez seems to think so too, otherwise he would never have been interested in Alaba. I'm fairly sure that Uncle Perez knows quite a bit more about football than you do.

And yes, both teams at full strength would have been most definitely 50-50, now it's more like 70-30 Barca and Bayern would be lucky to somehow hold onto a draw in the first leg. I'm on record here declaring us to be the underdog and I truly believe we are.
But you and StarLord are just extremely arrogant when it comes to judging both teams, it's not even funny anymore.

Haha good one, yes compare Alaba and Alba, based on grades on internet wow. That guy is unique in terms of how many positions he can play. He is what you call nowadays modern footballer. He made Ronaldo sweat in 2012, when he was even younger, after Ronaldo switched positions because Lahm was not intending to make his life easier either :) If there is one injury that hurts the most at Bayern right now, it's him. But no need to elaborate on that, no comment. Just made me laugh :)))

FCBayern

Ok, that's great to hear from a Bayern fan, but some of the Bayern fans here don't think quite the same. Don't feel like finger pointing. So, kudos to you.

here is another one that thinks the same. Definitely Barca over Juve and Real, but of course you need to deal with us first:)

skn02

Why argue back and forth about what happened in 2013? Let's focus on how to beat Bayern in 2 legs in 2015 please.

Us are the fans, not players, it's not like anything we can do to alter the result. Our players need to focus on the match, not us. We are here to embrace our beloved team, and if anyone are here to dismiss Barca like a few Bayern fans would suggest, like saying it's a 50-50 with this current Barca vs Bayern this year in full strength..... what that means is that we will never deservedly to advance according to them since they are already short handed, then yeah, it's an insult.

FCBayern

Is that so? I have a very hard time believing that the best left-side in the world would be ripped to shreds by Real Madrid in a record breaking CL semi final home loss in the manner that they did.

Also if it's so perfect, why does Bayern only have 2 victories out of the 8 matches against the other top 4 teams in the Bundesliga?

I don't deny they are great players, but best in the world? Unstoppable? I have a very hard time buying that shit anymore in 2015. In 2013 I would have, but not now.

And no one expects you to buy anything. Things are what they are..

i_bleed_blaugrana

Now onto us:

1st leg line-up:

[formation=barca,6]
MaTS
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Piqué-0-Mathieu-0-0
Alves-0-0-Busi-0-0-Alba
0-0-Rakitic-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-Xavi-0-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

The key is in MF. For me, their strongest and weakest links lie in the MF respectively with Thiago and Alonso. Thiago's influence and decision making in games has improved drastically since he has left us, so for me, who better to play against him then the very player he is mimicking, Xavi. Xavi for this very reason alone is a must start in this tie, at the very least in the first leg.

Alonso though, if he starts (and he only won't if Martinez is 100% fit) is very suseptable in Pep's system. Alonso actually mimicks how Pep played the DM position in many ways but, as Porto and other teams have shown, when you pressure him when he's on the ball, he'll make mistakes. MSN will have a field day if he lingers on the ball too long.

That's why, regardless if Pep plays a 3 back system or a 4-3-3, with Xavi starting for Barça, they can handle and control any kind of pressure Bayern bring. Rakitic and MaTS, in my opinion, will show why they are here in this tie. Rakitic has the steel to deal with Bayern if they try to bully us around physically and I just have a hunch that MaTS being German and used to how Bayern attack after facing them with Mochengladbach, will be an edge.

3-1.

2nd leg:

[formation=barca,6]
MaTS
0-0-Bartra-0-Piqué-0-0
Alves-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-Alba
0-0-Busquets-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-Rakitic/Xavi-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Especially if we win the first leg, this sort of line-up would give Pep nightmares. Defensive enough for us to just sit deep and play counters with MSN. But also enough creativity and control to pin their lines back. With this, Bayern wouldn't get a sniff of an attack, especially with Mascherano free to destroy as he pleases.

2-0.

Just my thoughts tactically, expecting a tense, tight affair and I'm sure there will be surprises.

Visca Barça!

:barcascarf:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans