CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
TZ online cited Kicker saying that Lewandowski also suffers from severe pain from his shoulders and rib cage.

Either way he is definitely going to play.

Smoke screen most likely, we will have to prepare for a 100% Lewandowski.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
His clearances are sloppy and rarely reach a teammate. Suicidal vs a possession-based team such as Bayern.

This.

If Matthieu plays, I can already see a couple blunders or misplaced clearances when pressed, it will be hell, he's nowhere near confortable on the ball enough to go against Bayern.

Thankfully, Lucho is aware of this so it'll be Mascherano.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Mascherano as a CB is always a certain risk. And I think against Bayern, a team who predominantly rely on aerial success to score, Mascherano will be exposed. Nothing against him, he did great against Atleti with Mando, but Bayern's attack is too sophisticated aerially for Mascherano to deal with. It's too big of a risk and simply not a necessary one with either Mathieu or Bartra available and in form.

You guys are too harsh on Mathieu, he can do this job very easily and with minimum fuss. Their strength is precisely why we brought him into the squad, and as Dr Pepper stated, he was good against RM, a team who press relentlessly as well.

Honestly, if any of you guys know my track record, I'd go Barta-Piqué as the CB pairing in both ties but that's just me. Don't expect Lucho to do that.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Mascherano as a CB is always a certain risk. And I think against Bayern, a team who predominantly rely on aerial success to score, Mascherano will be exposed. Nothing against him, he did great against Atleti with Mando, but Bayern's attack is too sophisticated aerially for Mascherano to deal with. It's too big of a risk and simply not a necessary one with either Mathieu or Bartra available and in form.

You guys are too harsh on Mathieu, he can do this job very easily and with minimum fuss. Their strength is precisely why we brought him into the squad, and as Dr Pepper stated, he was good against RM.

Honestly, if any of you guys know my track record, I'd go Barta-Piqué as the CB pairing in both ties but that's just me. Don't expect Lucho to do that.

Bayern dont predominantly rely on aerial success to score.

Much more of their threat will come on the ground where Masch is the best CB at the club.

Masch will start and has been Barcas best CB for the past month or so.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

You guys are too harsh on Mathieu, he can do this job very easily and with minimum fuss. Their strength is precisely why we brought him into the squad, and as Dr Pepper stated, he was good against RM.

I'd also trust a Piqué-Bartra pairing more than Matthieu.

Nothing against the frenchmen, but he doesn't give me nearly enough tranquility going on against Bayern.

Egert

Estonian Culé
No surprises in the line-up. We will start the same players we did vs Cordoba, ofc MaTS will play instead of Bravo :)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern crosses a lot from their two wingbacks trying to find Lewandowski and Mueller, also their wingers tend to initiate really accurate passes from the byline to the middle of the 18-yard box and some one from the midfield will come and shoot the ball while their forwards are tangled with the defenders.

We need to think about how to nullify these attempts.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'd also trust a Piqué-Bartra pairing more than Matthieu.

Nothing against the frenchmen, but he doesn't give me nearly enough tranquility going on against Bayern.

I guess I understand your reservations with Mathieu, it's just I think he's less of a risk than Mascherano as a CB.

I mean look at these goals...

http://youtu.be/pV-eB0975aI

Especially those flick ons in the air, we've gotta be first to every ball that comes into the box and when it's out wide and in the air, Mascherano struggles.

Also, against Dortmund when they were a man down, their best chances came from late Schweini runs into the box which he tried to head in from a cross.

They look to play their final ball through the air 6.5/7 out of 10 times, generally speaking. So having two tall CBs is a must for Lucho.

Additionally, we need height so we can mark man for man on set pieces, and either Bartra or Mathieu will be able to deal with Boateng, Lewa and Müller with much more success than Mascherano will.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Bayern crosses a lot from their two wingbacks trying to find Lewandowski and Mueller, also their wingers tend to initiate really accurate passes from the byline to the middle of the 18-yard box and some one from the midfield will come and shoot the ball while their forwards are tangled with the defenders.

Yeah Lewa, Muller, Boeteng are very dangerous in the air that's why we have to control the midfield and have the possession and don't let them send cross after cross to these guys because Mascherano will be very vulnerable.

Last edited:

serghei

Yes, but crossing is usually done in possession play. Bayern has possession most of the time, that is why they cross a lot. Crossing can be an efficient tactic against parked buses, and both Bayern and Real Madrid use this tactic to great effect. However, I don't imagine us parking the bus, therefore, other than set pieces, I don't think we'll have to deal with too many crosses comming from Rafinha or Bernat (probably). Plus, I imagine both of them have some defending to do, since Messi and Neymar are playing on their flanks. I doubt we'll see Bayern's fullbacks being so adventurous on Camp Nou.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes, but crossing is usually done in possession play. Bayern has possession most of the time, that is why they cross a lot. Crossing can be an efficient tactic against parked buses, and both Bayern and Real Madrid use this tactic to great effect. However, I don't imagine us parking the bus, therefore, other than set pieces, I don't think we'll have to deal with too many crosses comming from Rafinha or Bernat (probably). Plus, I imagine both of them have some defending to do, since Messi and Neymar are playing on their flanks. I doubt we'll see Bayern's fullbacks being so adventurous on Camp Nou.

I think the key is for our defenders and midfielders to watch/mark people instead of the ball and throw at least one of our players in the middle of the 18-yard box to intercept those passes from the byline/block the shots.

fcbdna

Banned
Game to be won in the midfield.Hope we play this. . .. but :lucho: knows best

abIZv0JanO.png

Yannik

I would honestly love to see Martinez making a comeback into the squad for Alonso as CM.
Martinez-Schweinsteiger combination. Retro-Bayern. They were incredible in 2013 against Barca. Not sure how it is with Martinez' fitness though

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Game to be won in the midfield.Hope we play this. . .. but :lucho: knows best

abIZv0JanO.png

No, we aren't a possession based team anymore.
We just happen to have more possession than the opponent most of the times because of the quality of our players, it's difficult to get the ball from them.
I expect bayern to have possession and us doing lethal counters.

I hate that if you ask me but hey, Pep left and now Lucho's here.

Home of Barca Fans