Claudio Bravo

Alik

If remember correctly, last season Bravo chose not to play some friendly matches for Chile because he was focused on earning that starting 11 spot.

Galning

Tbh. I don't know why goalkeepers need vacations as other players. Their job is not remotely taxing as for others that actually have to run

Exactly. And I find the comments from Bravo pretty disrespectful to Ter Stegen, should've known better.

zanela

If remember correctly, last season Bravo chose not to play some friendly matches for Chile because he was focused on earning that starting 11 spot.

Yep. I remember atleast two instances where he shortened his return from the Intl break. So, ironic for Bravo to make such a statement. But if one has followed his media discourse ever since he joined Barca, you wouldn't be too surprised. His constant snide remarks of MAtS has been his modus operandi. He even had a dig @ his manner of celebration. Not a likable character I must say. He doesn't seem like a popular figure in the dressing room either, and I can see why.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
He also said this back in February:

Bravo: "When the team scores, I celebrate with the fans. I prefer that to jumping around like a fool in the penalty area." [sport]

They probably don't get along. So far it's been healthy competition between the two, so I don't mind them trying to one up each other. As long as it doesn't get toxic for the dressing room.

Zangash

Banned
Hmm. I wasn't aware that the two of them had beef with each other, although it makes sense. As much as Bravo plays, he's obviously not getting what a #1 keeper would expect as far as playing time goes.

Hope ter Stegen plays in the Liga even more now though.

iMmi

Tbh. I don't know why goalkeepers need vacations as other players. Their job is not remotely taxing as for others that actually have to run

The mental part is more important with a goalkeeper then with field players. The head must be even more fresh, so vacation for goalkeepers is as important as for field players.

Observer

Banned
Making a case out of nothing, some of you are confusing self-confidence with arrogance.

Bravo has nothing to prove club/national team wise (I guess that's where his comments came from), Mats does and that's why the fanboys are scratching their respective anuses.

Stop with the soap opera. There's no beef, just normal competition between 2 great athletes

spark

Making a case out of nothing, some of you are confusing self-confidence with arrogance.

Bravo has nothing to prove club/national team wise (I guess that's where his comments came from), Mats does and that's why the fanboys are scratching their respective anuses.

Stop with the soap opera. There's no beef, just normal competition between 2 great athletes

Lets face it, from day one he has probably said far more 'confident' things than someone like Ibrahimovic ever uttered at the club. Right through the door it was a smug "I know who bought me". If he's so prickly even when playing the majority of the games, one can only imagine how much team spirit he would have with the roles reversed.

Last edited:

zanela

I didn't find Bravo's comments inappropriate at all, as a Ter Stegen fan.

If this was a one-off, you could give him the benefit of the doubt. But its been the same theme with him since last summer. Check the quote Ini posted for instance.

Whilst one has shown to be a team player, even celebrating his challenger's exploits from the bench, and talks about making it hard for the coach by putting in consistent performances, the other senior and the "more mature" keeper can't let go of an opportunity to belittle his competition.

Bravo may have done the treble, but he only played a role in one. At 32 he's only had one WC season thus far. So I would say he still has a lot to prove at club level. But in the eyes of his fanboys, he's the infallible saint Bravo after all. :rolleyes:

Horatio

You're welcome
He also said this back in February:

Bravo: "When the team scores, I celebrate with the fans. I prefer that to jumping around like a fool in the penalty area." [sport]

They probably don't get along. So far it's been healthy competition between the two, so I don't mind them trying to one up each other. As long as it doesn't get toxic for the dressing room.

I don't see how this is directed at MAtS. Sounds to me as if he is just talking about keepers in general.

serghei

Might be the MAtS fanboy in me, but Bravo should get benched for these comments.

It is. Benched for what? Messi said about a board member that he doesn't know anything about football, and had an argument with the coach because he was benched in a game. Alves had publicly attacked the board as well. Did anyone say bench Messi, or bench Alves? No. But let's bench Bravo because he "sued Barca :lol:" or said some things that can be interpreted in many ways. Too many TS fan boys here, and too few Bravo supporters IMO, no offence.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
These comments will come back to haunt him if Lucho switches it around this season. Good to be confident, but have to take care you don't get overconfident.

serghei

These comments will come back to haunt him if Lucho switches it around this season. Good to be confident, but have to take care you don't get overconfident.

Maybe, maybe not, but one thing's for sure. He's proven he is top class. Hate him, like him, he's proven that. So, whoever said he was a poor keeper at the start of the season, or that he'll be the next Pinto compared to Ter Stegen, or that we overpayed for him, got that one not wrong, but dead wrong. And that's a fact.

I don't know, it looks to me like people can't wait for him to fuck up so that he can be benched. The biggest problem for Ter Stegen fan boys is that Bravo has been nothing sort of superb for Barca last season. Quite the hinderance, a keeper being so good for Barca that he can't be benched based on his performances.

Home of Barca Fans