Claudio Bravo

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe, maybe not, but one thing's for sure. He's proven he is top class. Hate him, like him, he's proven that. So, whoever said he was a poor keeper at the start of the season, or that he'll be the next Pinto compared to Ter Stegen, or that we overpayed for him, got that one not wrong, but dead wrong. And that's a fact.

I don't know, it looks to me like people can't wait for him to fuck up so that he can be benched. The biggest problem for Ter Stegen fan boys is that Bravo has been nothing sort of superb for Barca last season. Quite the hinderance, a keeper being so good for Barca that he can't be benched based on his performances.

I'd argue it's the same thing with the Bravo fanboys and their constant undermining of ter Stegen performances despite of one getting a much better foundation to perform than the other(consistent minutes).

serghei

I'd argue it's the same thing with the Bravo fanboys and their constant undermining of ter Stegen performances despite of one getting a much better foundation to perform than the other(consistent minutes).

Who are those Bravo fanboys you speak about? Name a few.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who are those Bravo fanboys you speak about? Name a few.

You know exactly what would happen the moment I name them :lol: Three of them are Chilean. One is based in the US.

Open your eyes. It's not hard to see. If you fail to recognize them then you're in no position to recognize the MAtS fanboys either.

serghei

You know exactly what would happen the moment I name them :lol:

Open your eyes. It's not hard to see. If you fail to recognize them then you're in no position to recognize the MAtS fanboys either.

Name them in a pm then.

That's because MAtS fanboys are all over barcaforum, and are easier to recognize since they are frustrated their fav. is not 1st choice. I also seem to remember very well, Bravo making 1 mistake against Napoli in preseason and 90% of the people on the forum saying how shit he is and how similar to Pinto he is. Months later he is the Zamora winner and one of the best and most in form in Europe. But we should bench him because he is confident, or because some half-baked rumors about him sueing Barca surfaced in some newspaper. A little too exaggerated won't you say so?

Last edited:

Kerrybai

It could be argued that Bravo is a being a bit disrespectful... in the end all the matters is competition, and a rivalry will only add to that.

Bravo for me right now is the better keeper. I find MAtS to be very shaky under high balls from corners and crosses. I also think he's more inclined to commit errors (of course he plays less minutes which is a big factor here)

MAtS has slightly better distribution ( People really underate Bravo's distribution ) and he's a much better sweeper. I would wait until 2016/2017 to make MAtS number 1.

serghei

The worst thing about pre-season is that, in the absence of actual football, non-stories such as Messi's trip in Gabon and these so-called bad statements made by Bravo, Schweinsteiger & others are blown way out of proportions.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Somebody should ask Mathieu or Douglas what they think of the rivalry between TS and Bravo, they'll deliver the goods. :p

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Bravo is better overall gk today. I love MATS and always rooted fro him but i gotta call it as i see it Bravo is more experienced and less prone to making mistakes. I feel much safer with Bravo. Mats will surely get there in time, but Bravo is the better keeper as of now

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So, Bravo is only player that is still on holidays.
Stegen returned early and Bravo was cocky in his responses. Now Messi and Mascherano returned early too so it kinda makes Bravo a black sheep.
And he's a goalkeeper. Hardly a taxing job

khaled_a_d

Stegen returned early and Bravo was cocky in his responses. Now Messi and Mascherano returned early too so it kinda makes Bravo a black sheep.

If the club is the one who has given him such long holiday he has every right to take full advantage of it .

Kerrybai

Surely your last line is testament to why he can stay on holiday longer? He doesn't need as much pre season work as everyone else .

Zangash

Banned
Surely your last line is testament to why he can stay on holiday longer? He doesn't need as much pre season work as everyone else .

As if that matters. He took broke his vacation early because he felt there was competition, so him not cutting his break short now clearly means he feels his position is pretty damn secure. The thing is, Messi and Mascherano are even more secure in their positions than he is and they're back and training in anticipation of getting to play again. Being the only player to be on vacation surely doesn't look very good, even if it's time you were granted. Makes it seem like you're less dedicated.

Home of Barca Fans