Claudio Bravo

silvia

Interview with Claudio Bravo's wife:

In an interview with Chilean newspaper 'Las Ultimas Noticias', the goalkeeper's wife admitted to being concerned about the upcoming season: "It's a complicated year but I have faith that Luis Enrique will be rational because Claudio has had a superb year. I don't think he will be left on the bench or miss many games".

Ter Stegen was the first-choice goalkeeper during the pre-season, with Bravo having been granted extended holidays after the Chilean's great Copa America which saw his national team clinching the championship title. He has yet to play in a competitive match with his club since his return.

"If there was reason to say his form had dropped or he was inconsistent Luis Enrique would be within his rights but I don't think it would be reasonable at the moment" the Azulgrana's wife went on, stressing that, despite his 32 years, he still has a long time left in football. "The time will come when he can't play anymore, but now is not the time to be on the bench", she concluded.

3 games into this season and already this.

she can spit whatever about Chilean NT goalie, but not barca.
can she just close the mouth about barca and enrique's decision,, please??

Icarium

Lifestealer
Doesn't matter if she is allowed to say it or not but it is true. It would be silly to not start bravo, since last season he is performing like a beast. Just continue last season policy, changing it might create problems for both the goal keepers.

Observer

Banned
You all spit your opinions freely here and you bash her for having one? Jeez

She gave that opinion about her husband on a chilean newspaper, what do you expect? "No, please just use Ter Stegen from now on"

silvia

here people are nobody, she is a wife pictured big in media and everybody in barca uses smartphones.
you really don't get what i mean? she doesn't have to make unnecessary tension in dressroom publicly, especially when bravo is one of the oldest.
It doesn't end up good when family comments about bench decisions.

F

Flavia

I bet they are really focused on chilean social media, let alone one of the most sensationalist press in the country

That interview made it's way to md and sport. As everything does, in this day and age. Same way we heard about it, they may have too. It's something that shouldn't happen.

Observer

Banned
So let me get this straight, the lesson here is:

Dont back your husband publicly in your country cuz it may create butthurt overseas in a locker room full of stars

Bro, are you married?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

So let me get this straight, the lesson here is:

Dont back your husband publicly in your country cuz it may create butthurt overseas in a locker room full of stars

Bro, are you married?

Outside interference is never a good thing. She's not the coach. Also, there are a thousand different ways in which she could backup Bravo, not mentioning Enrique in the process.

I'm fairly sure you'd have a different opinion, if it was mats gf saying he should start la Liga, because he needs playing time.

Observer

Banned
I'm fairly sure you'd have a different opinion, if it was mats gf saying he should start la Liga, because he needs playing time.

Not really, because this is not a tabloid and we don't take gf or spouse's opinions as something relevant for the club or "outside interference". Just an opinion like, what music do you prefer.

F

Flavia

Not really, because this is not a tabloid and we don't take gf or spouse's opinions as something relevant for the club or "outside interference". Just an opinion like, what music do you prefer.

Well, we'll never know that, as that's not what happened. Ofc you'd say that now.

Observer

Banned
You are losing objectivity, if you feel that bad about an irrelevant opinion you shouldn't be on a public forum board in the first place

I bet Barca players are fairly more professional to determine what to pay attention and what to ignore (specially from media), they are used to it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans