Cole Palmer

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

He's the most technically gifted Englishman since Gascoigne. Bar far the best English footballer around right now and should be the first name on their team sheet.

He's the only Englishman who has the ability to play in a highly technical side like Spain or Barcelona.

A touch of arrogance but not enough to make him unlikeable. And to top it all off he's managing to do it all playing for a club where attacking players unilaterally struggle. Great 'Cold' celebration as well.

A lot to like.

fergus90

He is a great player. Feels like he will be Pep's biggest City transfer mistake given the players he's signed since in similar positions.

The cold celebration he copied from Morgan Rogers though. Although given the fact Palmer scores a lot more than him, basically the entire world thinks it's his :lol:

Maradona37

Yes, as you all say, he is doing really well. He seems professional too. I just hope he can keep it up - I think he will. He's 22 and clearly wants to have a top career. As I said before though, my main reservation is Chelsea not giving him the platform or assistance to make the most of his incredible talent. They need to be serious as a club as they have a real gem on their hands here (and a few others).

I was actually one of those who could see why Pep sold him at the time - I could see he had ability but I don't think many would have predicted the rise he has had in the last year. Either way, he's an elite talent and it's important he remains grounded and professional and that Chelsea build around him. If they're smart they could challenge for trophies with Palmer and other gifted players around him.

As per his attributes as a player, clearly his left foot is very cultured. What he seems to have though is lovely balance and close control; he has that ability to glide across the pitch that all the effortless, natural dribblers possess. He's a lethal finisher from all angles and distances, though I'd suggest he's a bit one-footed (like many lefties), but it doesn't matter as his main foot is so devastating. He's a great passer with strong vision too, and this move into the playmaking number 10 position clearly maximises his strengths and allows him to find the likes of Jackson pulling wide or going through the centre, Mudryk, Madueke or whoever else plays on the wings.

His off the ball movement is just as impressive - he has that natural instinct of finding space and good positions, pulling into pockets. It's something you can't really teach and it looks so easy when you see him in space - but it's not. It's not even necessarily something he's thinking about a lot; finding areas and room just seems to come natural.

He's a huge talent and I really enjoy watching him play.

Jenks

If he was doing at Madrid what he's doing at Chelsea there'd already be 'best player in the world' shouts tbh. I hope Chelsea can get into the CL next season. The world needs to see this maniac.

Home of Barca Fans