Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soul24rage

Fell asleep and missed them - well done to Canada. Think I predicted 1-1 there. I am still annoyed I keep missing these games but there isn't much I can do as my sleep pattern is set to be awake fair early and asleep by about 11pm or midnight at the moment.

How did Argentina play? Seen it was a winner near the end. A few people on here talking about Messi taking bad tackles too. Was it just one of those horrible group stage games where they had to get over the line? And where the opposition make things difficult with fouls etc?
Chile made life difficult as they've always done and Gareca has coached them well in a very short time. I thought Argentina were good even though the pitch was absolutely terrible. The finishing was lacking, I hope Scaloni makes the players practice shots after training. Besides a few nervy moments where Dibu Martinez was massive as always, it was a good game imo.

Maradona37

Chile made life difficult as they've always done and Gareca has coached them well in a very short time. I thought Argentina were good even though the pitch was absolutely terrible. The finishing was lacking, I hope Scaloni makes the players practice shots after training. Besides a few nervy moments where Dibu Martinez was massive as always, it was a good game imo.
Thanks for informing me. I just cannot stay awake for these games.

KingLeo10

449130981_799662228942188_6482843205817801782_n.jpg

Iniesta Ultra

How did Argentina play? Seen it was a winner near the end. A few people on here talking about Messi taking bad tackles too. Was it just one of those horrible group stage games where they had to get over the line? And where the opposition make things difficult with fouls etc?

Like I posted before refs in all copa matches are not calling fouls being called in the euros including 60/40 pens. Luckily Argentina can play rough too to make up for their tiki taka not being at golden barca level. Messi and Gonzalez hit woodwork, Martinez and MacA missed semi-sitters. Argentina are the only team I truly enjoy watching anymore. They would easily beat Barca under Xavi and would put favorites to beat any club team besides City.

Maradona37

Like I posted before refs in all copa matches are not calling fouls being called in the euros including 60/40 pens. Luckily Argentina can play rough too to make up for their tiki taka not being at golden barca level. Messi and Gonzalez hit woodwork, Martinez and MacA missed semi-sitters. Argentina are the only team I truly enjoy watching anymore. They would easily beat Barca under Xavi and would put favorites to beat any club team besides City.
I misread that as they would beat Barca under Pep and thought you had lost it lol. But under Xavi I agree Argentina would win. They're one of the few National Sides who seem to have the cohesion and spirit of a club side. Spain are another actually.
Thanks for the info mate. It looks like it was a very dominant performance then.

JohnN

Argentina looked really sharp until the subs disoriented them. Except for finishing. Missed plenty of sitters and Bravo was again a monster. After 70+min thet got a little tired and Chile had some chances.

KingLeo10

It’s still unfathomable how Argentina have produced 2 of the top 3 and 3 of the top 5 players ever :lol:

Imagine being an Argentine talent and having to live up to Messi and Maradona :lol:

Crushing pressure

Maradona37

It’s still unfathomable how Argentina have produced 2 of the top 3 and 3 of the top 5 players ever :lol:

Imagine being an Argentine talent and having to live up to Messi and Maradona :lol:

Crushing pressure
Would you place Di Stefano fourth or fifth?

After the big three I think I would go Cruyff fourth and ADS fifth. Of course a lot of hearsay but even seeing his videos he looked some player.

KingLeo10

Would you place Di Stefano fourth or fifth?

After the big three I think I would go Cruyff fourth and ADS fifth. Of course a lot of hearsay but even seeing his videos he looked some player.
I have the same relative ranking. Cruyff just marginally above ADS because of how dominant his Ajax was and that Dutch 1974 side.

Ajax totally crushed the top Italian sides of the time and Bayern in those CL encounters during the 3-peat. It’s a good candidate for best club side ever along with Pep’s Barca, Sacchi’s Milan, and ADS RM

Maradona37

I have the same relative ranking. Cruyff just marginally above ADS because of how dominant his Ajax was and that Dutch 1974 side.

Ajax totally crushed the top Italian sides of the time and Bayern in those CL encounters during the 3-peat. It’s a good candidate for best club side ever along with Pep’s Barca, Sacchi’s Milan, and ADS RM
I agree.

Home of Barca Fans